Jacques Bañuls, Edenys:

France: "The apple market is very calm"

According to Jacques Bañuls, the apple market is very calm. "The situation is not very dynamic because there are a lot of apples in Europe this year. Prices remain correct, without being exceptional. They are lower than last year, when there was a shortage of apples at the European level. "

Jacques is a sales manager at Edenys. The company produces and markets apples grown in the South-East of France. 30% of the apples are for the French market. The other 70% are sold in Holland, Germany, England and outside of Europe, to the Middle East, Asia and South America. The most important market for Edenys remains the German market.

Gala apples

No departures on Monday
At the beginning of the week, the yellow vest movement caused some problems for Edenys. "There were almost no departures on Monday. This was very problematic for our customers, as many stores had no stocks. 80% of Edenys' French customers are hypermarkets and supermarkets.

Edenys specializes in the trade of club varieties, such as Pink Lady, Granny, Gala and Golden. This year, the company planted its first organic apple plantation for another club variety.

For more information:
Edenys
jacques@vergersdemauguio.com  
www.edenys.net 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber