The long summer brings us not just small potatoes and long carrots - but also (for the first time) German strawberries in November. However, the market for the autumn products is particularly difficult. Consumers are not immediately accepting of German strawberries, harvested in November and that is why the skepticism is quite large, explains producer and direct marketer Stefan Manke from Riedstadt (South Hesse) in an interview with the Frankfurter Allgemeine.
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Skepticism among customers, despite good quality fruit
"Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 NZ food price spike expected after tornado damages crops
- 2022-05-20 "You drive into a country at war, but you quickly get used to all the checkpoints and armed soldiers everywhere"
- 2022-05-20 Almeria's agri-food exports grew in double digits in the first quarter of 2022
- 2022-05-20 Agri trade between African countries expected to grow by 33%
- 2022-05-20 UK farms missing up to 75% of seasonal workers needed for harvest
- 2022-05-20 Azerbaijan and Belarus discuss cooperation and increased trade
- 2022-05-20 ‘Ukraine should be supported not only with arms and sanctions, but trade as well’
- 2022-05-20 The British Pound is not doing too great
- 2022-05-20 Thai government focuses on agricultural research for sustainable growth
- 2022-05-20 Black thrips pose major threat to Indian agriculture
- 2022-05-19 India’s relaxation of import fumigation rules will ease trade with Afghanistan
- 2022-05-19 Japan is looking to Morocco to help ensure its food security
- 2022-05-19 Egypt - Malaysia trade exchange increased by 81% in 2021
- 2022-05-19 Interest for certified Italian products by foreign countries
- 2022-05-19 'South African imported pears dominated the scene by a wide margin'
- 2022-05-19 "The consumer slump, caused by the war, represents an extreme situation against which we are virtually helpless"
- 2022-05-19 Soaring dollar rates affect Pakistan fruit and vegetable prices
- 2022-05-19 Digital Agricultural Academy of Hungary to take farmers into new age
- 2022-05-19 General Authority for Statistics: Prices of some goods up by 36%
- 2022-05-19 North Carolina farmers worry surging fuel & fertilizer costs could result in empty shelves