- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Flower sales Export Manager - Nairobi, Kenya
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- Technical Services Supervisor - Hamburg, Germany
- Cultivation Control Systems Manager - Colorado, USA
- Sales Manager based in The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany
- Category Manager (Mangoes, Melons & Pines) - Sydney or Brisbane, Australia
- General Manager - Commercial | Murcia, Spain | Fruit
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
California: Psyllid numbers drop, threat remains
Nick Condos of the California Department of Food and Agriculture said strict rules now in place for moving bulk citrus might be playing a part in the lower numbers. Jim Gorden, chairman of the California Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Committee, said time of the year could also be a factor.
A highly mobile insect, the Asian citrus psyllid can carry Huanglongbing (or HLB), a slow-moving, bacterial disease that reduces citrus fruit production and eventually kills the tree.
The only current defense against HLB is to control the psyllid, citrus organization leaders assert, noting that the organizations and UC researchers continue work on biological control and early detection of the disease.
Alyssa Houtby of the grower organization California Citrus Mutual said the Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Program is funded primarily by grower assessments. The program receives federal funds each year through a nationwide program funded by Congress. In fiscal year 2017-18, California received $14 million of the total program funding. State funding totaled $10 million. Legislative budget committees have approved the same funding level for the next fiscal year.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-02 Swedish krona sees largest jump in about a decade
- 2020-07-02 Covid-19 troubles many Magic Valley food processors
- 2020-07-01 US Postal Service reveals fruit and vegetables stamps with 10 designs
- 2020-07-01 Thai court dismisses defamation case against Finnwatch human rights researcher
- 2020-07-01 World's oldest pilot stars in latest campaign of Melones el Abuelo
- 2020-06-30 “The Green Deal offers chances we must grab with both hands”
- 2020-06-29 United Fresh LIVE! Badge, Puzzle and Trivia winners announced
- 2020-06-26 Pakistan: Locusts destroy crops in Karak district
- 2020-06-26 Man arrested in Almería for scamming more than €140,000 in citrus sales
- 2020-06-26 21c of every South African tax Rand go towards debt repayment
- 2020-06-26 Are consumers more interested in eating local?
- 2020-06-25 Several Spanish horticultural farms report coronavirus outbreaks
- 2020-06-25 South African Rand retreats from recovering dollar
- 2020-06-25 Mangoes get delivered by Lamborghini in Dubai
- 2020-06-24 Analyzing Germany's asparagus acreage from space
- 2020-06-24 "We welcome the restarting of the trade fairs"
- 2020-06-24 LA UNIÓ requests measures be taken to eradicate the cotonet pest in the Community of Valencia
- 2020-06-24 Water tank at Mexican banana plantation sways from side to side during earthquake
- 2020-06-24 Malaysian durian trader posts quirky job ad
- 2020-06-23 PayCargo Capital offers credit for fresh produce supply chains