- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
- Glasshouse Labour Supervisor - Warragul, Australia
- Head Grower youngplants - Central Italy
- Project Implementation Coordinator - Amman, Jordan
- Technical Services Manager
- Senior Grower tomatoes - Denmark
- Sales Manager
- Junior Verkoper Exoten
- Sales representative - North California, USA
- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Raising a glass to a new Polish blueberry beer in Berlin
Polish blueberries and craft beer have become a trademark feature of Poland’s exports. Both industries are oriented toward quality and product innovation.
Blueberries from Polish Berry Cooperative (PBC) are pre-cooled already at the plantation, within less than 30 minutes after picking, so they retain the values of freshly harvested fruit longer.
"The new Polish harvesting standard is more demanding than Global GAP and other international standards. Blueberries harvested this way are exported to 25 countries on 4 continents” says Dariusz Zęgota of ELLIOT, one of PBC’s members.
With its 800 year-old tradition, hundreds of new breweries and over 1,650 new beers arriving every year, Poland is one of the driving forces behind the “beer revolution” - the massive success of craft brewing around the world. SALAMANDER Blueberry Berliner Weisse is the fruit of PBC's cooperation with Browar Stu Mostów, a brewery based in Wrocław.
“It’s a mix of the traditional German school of brewing, the historical style - a light, sour, extremely delicate and refreshing beer - Berliner Weisse is fermented with lactic acid bacteria and with an addition of blueberries” says Mateusz Gulej, the Chief Brewer at Browar Stu Mostów.
“Together, we decided to go for the variety of blueberries called Chandler, in a version cooled immediately after picking" says Gulej. “We used a special extraction device, HopGun, to get the best of the fruit. The beer will have a beautiful blueberry colour and taste, it will be slightly sour and very refreshing”.
“As the leaders of international expansion, we want to draw attention to the success of Polish blueberries and craft brewing. We benefit from the good opinion about Polish food and crafts. We think it makes sense for our industries to cooperate” stresses Dariusz Zęgota of PBC. “A joint product is an opportunity to integrate and promote our national characteristics: openness, hospitality, creativity and entrepreneurship. The beer will have its premiere at the Fruit Logistica Fair in Berlin. It will be a good opportunity to raise a glass for the success of the two flagship export industries of Poland".
Those interested in a cooperation with Polish growers and in the taste of blueberry beer will not have to wait long, especially if they visit Fruit Logistica 2018. The PBC stand is located in Hall B (CityCube) E-20.
Brewers from Browar Stu Mostów will be in Berlin on the first day of the Fair. The premiere is also partnered by a Berlin brewery BRLO, which is hosting an after party on the night of 7 February.
For more information:
Polish Berry Cooperative
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-15 Fruit Logistica 2019: Sustainability & Brexit
- 2019-02-15 Photo Report: Fruit Logistica 2019: Sustainability and Brexit
- 2019-02-15 Masseria Fruttirossi: We produce 100% pomegranate juice
- 2019-02-14 Cuts in labor costs, and fewer damaged strawberries on the shelves
- 2019-02-14 Argentina's lemon exporters connect with global buyers in Berlin
- 2019-02-13 Start-ups in limelight at Fruit Logistica
- 2019-02-11 Top Seeds International at Fruit Logistica with two new brands
- 2019-02-11 Red kiwi fruit wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award.
- 2019-02-08 CIRAD prepares for the Fruit Logistica fair
- 2019-02-07 South European port authorities attend Berlin Fruit Logistica fair
- 2019-02-06 Hugo Beck and Mopack exhibit in Berlin for the first time
- 2019-02-05 Kultive presents big developments for its greenhouse products
- 2019-02-05 Op Orizzonte works with kiwis and citrus fruit
- 2019-02-05 Collaboration of PerfoTec and Hessing leads to PerfoTec02Control nomination
- 2019-02-04 Import Promotion Desk brings exporters from seven developing countries to trade fair
- 2019-02-04 Afrex-South Africa grows its baby veg and flower footprint in Eastern Europe
- 2019-02-04 A new look and inspiration for a fruity snack
- 2019-02-01 Exports of Portuguese fruit and vegetables now worth 1.5 billion Euros
- 2019-02-01 “The success of the Pink Lady® boosted our development”
- 2019-02-01 "Spotlight" with many more world premieres