- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
Their mission is to carry innovation to the market and serve all companies oriented towards experimentation and technological progress.
“At the heart of our engagement there is always the client” says Mr. Carlo Ascari founder of ABL spa, “and with the client we want to create a lasting relationship of trust based on knowledge, experience and intuition and reciprocal fidelity”.
On the occasion of their 40th anniversary, several activities will take place, including a collaboration with the Research Unit on Postharvest Technology at the University of Foggia (Postharvest Unifg), with a full 3-year scholarship for a doctoral position (within the PhD program on “Management of innovation in the Agricultural and Food System of the Mediterranean Region”) finalized to research activities on the “Effects of peeling and cutting machinery on the quality and shelf-life of fresh-cut fruits”.
In charge of the Doctorate program is Prof. Giancarlo Colelli, full Professor of Postharvest Technology of horticultural crops” at the University of Foggia, Italy, who has recently coordinated the European Project QUAFETY (with 14 partners from 7 Countries), and has been the main organizer of all the editions of the “European Short-course on Quality & Safety of Fresh-cut produce”, a 3-day industry-oriented training course in Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, and Turkey.
“The collaboration with the industry is very important for our research unit” says Prof. Colelli “and ABL spa, with its history of innovation, represents the perfect partner for our Program”.
The Doctoral position is open to all applicants, regardless of nationality, who at the application deadline, are in possession of the academic qualification required by the Call. Deadline for the application is September 15, 2017.
“The opportunity to host and support international candidates for the PhD program aims to promote the spread of knowledge all over the geography of the agricultural and food systems“ says Dr. Daniela Ascari in charge for Special Projects at ABL spa, “and the cooperation with the Unit led by Prof. Colelli, one of the world's most important research group in this field, is very stimulating in order to reach our objectives”.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 Schur®Star Zip-Pop Bag wins Packaging Innovation Award
- 2019-04-18 Move from cups and shakers to small bags for snack mini tomatoes
- 2019-04-17 Sealing the future for automated tray and flow wrap packing
- 2019-04-16 Trend for less packaging material offers new opportunities for suppliers
- 2019-04-15 How to efficiently classify blueberries?
- 2019-04-12 "The key was a reliable system that produced the same package time and time again cost effectively."
- 2019-04-11 Inprinting of preprinted films is trending in soft fruit
- 2019-04-10 How to accentuate freshness with your packaging choices
- 2019-04-09 UK: Fieldwork Robotics wins funding to accelerate development of fruit-picking robot
- 2019-04-08 Trends in packaging: recycling, fewer and alternative materials
- 2019-04-05 Italy: Asparagus and strawberry harvesting machines
- 2019-04-04 What it means for mechanical engineering as in Palletizing?
- 2019-04-03 “Our perforated windows are unique, 100% recyclable, and move faster through the packer”
- 2019-04-02 Sealed pack Ozone treatment kills moulds, yeast and human pathogens
- 2019-04-01 Extraction solution for potato and onion packer, Awex, in Poland
- 2017-08-31 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 2017-08-30 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 2017-08-29 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 2017-08-28 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 2017-08-25 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition