- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
"We recently introduced several new organic products after we saw that the organic trend in Scandinavia continues to become stronger by the day. In response, we have increased our offering in Sweden, Finland and Denmark, and we have even seen a big push coming out of the Baltics recently as well." shared Fredrik Pettersson for Dole Freshcuts in Sweden.
"We have been in the Baltics since 2009, and when we entered the market times were tough, but over the years as the financial situation has improved, so has their demand for new products, including organics. When we first started it was impossible to get any of our products into the market during the summer season because local production was so strong and very cheap. However nowadays, demand still goes down in the summer, but sales are steady with good volumes."
The company recently launched a new twist on coleslaw called Crispy Slaw, which comes in a plastic container with everything included to make a tasty salad that is perfect for BBQ season, but also a product that can be consumed regardless of the weather. The coleslaw comes in three types; Honey Dijon (organic) which is a mix of white cabbage and carrots with honey dijon dressing; Mango Chili- with white, red, and savoy cabbage, carrots and a creamy chili dressing; and finally Mojo Rojo- red cabbage, carrots and a light smokey dressing. The dressing is packed separately enabling the customers to make the coleslaw to their own tastes, with as little or as much as they like.
"We see the Crispy Slaw line as something that appeals to consumers all year round. Our peak season is from Easter up to mid-summer, regardless of whether it begins earlier or later in the year. With a good summer, we get good sales, especially the more chance that people have to BBQ." said Fredrik.
"The slowest part of the year is around the corner, in October and November, when the days start to become grey and shorter, consumers start turning to root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes, along with things like cabbage. We are looking into doing more soup products, such as soup mixes, to achieve more volume during the winter months, but we aren't there yet. Things pick up again during Christmas and New Year's for our salads, especially in January when they regret all of the decisions they made the month before and decide to eat healthy and get to the gym!"
For more information:
Dole Fresh Cuts
Tel: +46 42 249600
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 Schur®Star Zip-Pop Bag wins Packaging Innovation Award
- 2019-04-18 Move from cups and shakers to small bags for snack mini tomatoes
- 2019-04-17 Sealing the future for automated tray and flow wrap packing
- 2019-04-16 Trend for less packaging material offers new opportunities for suppliers
- 2019-04-15 How to efficiently classify blueberries?
- 2019-04-12 "The key was a reliable system that produced the same package time and time again cost effectively."
- 2019-04-11 Inprinting of preprinted films is trending in soft fruit
- 2019-04-10 How to accentuate freshness with your packaging choices
- 2019-04-09 UK: Fieldwork Robotics wins funding to accelerate development of fruit-picking robot
- 2019-04-08 Trends in packaging: recycling, fewer and alternative materials
- 2019-04-05 Italy: Asparagus and strawberry harvesting machines
- 2019-04-04 What it means for mechanical engineering as in Palletizing?
- 2019-04-03 “Our perforated windows are unique, 100% recyclable, and move faster through the packer”
- 2019-04-02 Sealed pack Ozone treatment kills moulds, yeast and human pathogens
- 2019-04-01 Extraction solution for potato and onion packer, Awex, in Poland
- 2017-08-31 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 2017-08-30 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 2017-08-29 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 2017-08-28 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 2017-08-25 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition