- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Unifrutti has thousands of counterfeit lemon cartons destroyed in China
- “There is much potential for optimizing blueberry and grape crops with nanobubble technology”
- Japanese company develops CBD oil from orange peels
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL STONE FRUIT MARKET
- “You should not blindly rely on Russian supermarkets for quality inspections”
Top 5 -last month
Ontario growers seek support after losses from floods
“This is the second year in a row” of volatile weather, said president Keith Currie. “The areas most hit with drought last year are getting hardest hit with rain this year.”
The back-to-back bad conditions have prompted PC MPP Jim Wilson to call on the government to provide additional aid to farmers. He toured affected properties in his Simcoe-Grey, riding with staff from the agriculture minister’s office, but said he was “very, very disappointed” to hear that no new funds are forthcoming, especially when about one-third of farmers have no crop insurance.
North of Toronto, Beeton farmers Barry and Bonnie Dorsey lost hundreds of acres after a torrential storm in late June, estimating $2.5 million in damages to crops including potatoes, onions and carrots.
The government says it is “too soon to determine the full impact this year’s unpredictable weather will have on crops across the province” and Agriculture Minister Jeff Leal plans to continue to keep a close eye on the situation.
Read more at thestar.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-06-01 In May, apples and tomatoes have dominated the Polish market
- 2020-06-01 What factors have Spanish consumers most appreciated during the pandemic?
- 2020-06-01 Bangladesh vegetable exporters fear they will lose Middle East to India
- 2020-06-01 Iranian agrifood exports bring in more than $330 mln in 1 month
- 2020-06-01 COVID-19 upsets Ukrainian fresh fruit and vegetable supply chains
- 2020-06-01 Jersey growers could lose new staff as UK businesses reopen
- 2020-06-01 145% air freight charges hike affects Ghanaian fruit and vegetable exports
- 2020-06-01 'New Zealand government will back horti industry'
- 2020-06-01 “Costa Rica’s produce exports have a positive outlook for coming months”
- 2020-05-29 Q1 2020 FreshFacts® on Retail report available now
- 2020-05-29 Agro experts: US growers must diversify in post-pandemic world
- 2020-05-29 Overview of Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
- 2020-05-29 British Columbia food production too dependent on foreign workers
- 2020-05-29 "As an industry, fresh produce has historically weathered economic storms well"
- 2020-05-29 Bangladesh still reeling one week after cyclone
- 2020-05-29 Estimated apple production growth of 7.2%
- 2020-05-29 Hort Innovation launches fruit, veg and nuts campaign to support Australian growers
- 2020-05-29 Vietnam: South-central region adjusts farming schedules amid severe drought
- 2020-05-29 East Africa sees locusts return
- 2020-05-29 COVID-19 lessons for South African growers