- Operations Manager - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Night-Shift Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Product Coördinator Fresh produce - Ridderkerk, Dinteloord of Heerle
- Medewerker Marketing & Communicatie - Hillegom
- Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
- Assistant breeder
- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW BERRIES
- “Bottlenecks are here to stay for a long while, probably at a lesser extent, once the effects of the covid-rebound are over”
- Hydroponic strawberries where sugarcane used to grow
- PEI and British Columbia put pressure on Manitoba potato supplies
- Washington apple grower digitally integrates quality inspection to improve freshness
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- 'We'd like to be importing about 200 containers of Ethiopian Hass avocados within 4 or 5 years"
- Kenyan traders are painting avocados to dupe consumers
- South Africa and Tanzania meet on avocado imports
- Avocados become entrenched in South Africans’ shopping baskets
- “By 2024, we’ll produce up to 3,000 tons of Hass avocado”
Supplies of domestic radishes will look limited until early summer
“In the coming weeks, we’ll continue to see a limited supply due to an increased demand, as well as weather playing a large factor into the supply,” she says. “And demand is coming from all markets, but mostly driven by retail.” In turn, pricing of radishes is looking higher. “With demand generally higher than past months, the pricing is higher due to weather and limited supply,” says Monnin.
Short turnaround crop affected by weather
Like many commodities, weather proves to be the largest challenge for supply of the spicy vegetable. “Since radishes are a 30-day crop, supply changes occur rapidly with little notice due to weather conditions,” says Monnin.
That said, radishes are of increasing interest to consumers. “As health conscience consumers look for variety and convenience, radishes are climbing the vegetables trends, especially with millennial consumers,” she adds.
And to boost that convenience factor, Duda has for example ready-to-eat, fresh-cut radish products on offer in three forms of cuts: Radish Ministicks, (a thin radish stick); Radish Coins (a crinkle-cut coin) and the Ready Radish (a radish that’s topped and tailed and ready for consumption). “More than ever, consumers are looking for time saving, fresh-cut vegetables to toss into a variety of dishes,” says Monnin.
For more information:
Duda Farm Fresh Foods
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-12-03 China: The tomato market continues to be sluggish and is unlikely to recover before the Spring Festival
- 2021-12-03 Mushroom growers seek inclusion in CBN program
- 2021-12-03 Italian-branded mushrooms are gaining market share in foreign countries
- 2021-12-02 What will greenhouse lettuce growers do after Christmas?
- 2021-12-02 Nigerian mushroom growers seek inclusion in CBN program
- 2021-12-02 Florida may see freight rate advantage for winter vegetables
- 2021-12-02 Unseasonable warmth leads to boost in California kohlrabi supplies
- 2021-12-02 Australian carrots continue to be a popular vegetable at home and abroad
- 2021-12-01 India: VFPCK and Horticorp attempt to curb vegetable price hikes
- 2021-12-01 "Lower yields and price pressure characterize current Brussels sprouts market"
- 2021-12-01 Slow vegetable market, only Radicchio di Verona IGP stands out
- 2021-12-01 China: Indian pepper imports significantly lower than in the first half of the year
- 2021-12-01 Japan's matsutake mushrooms: Pricing can be $500+ per kilogram
- 2021-12-01 New veggie burger has potential to transform UAE home-grown crops sector
- 2021-12-01 Kazakhstan to impose ban on export of potatoes and carrots
- 2021-11-30 Volumes of Ontario carrots down 20 percent
- 2021-11-30 Production drops and a generalized cost increase
- 2021-11-30 Cambodia: Chilli value chain is boosted to tap new global markets
- 2021-11-30 Wholesale price of Chinese vegetables is going up
- 2021-11-30 Italian fennel with chemical residues below 85% for domestic and European markets