- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
- Digital Advisor - Geeste, Germany
- Tax Specialist Hungary
- Head Grower - Providence (Rhode Island) USA
- Nursery Manager - Roydon (Essex) UK
- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Harvesting commences at one of Zimbabwe’s bigger blueberry projects
- “Blueberry consumption needs to increase at a higher rate”
- “Kiwifruit, citrus and apples have become the most demanded products in India”
- Spain: Massive hail storm could have huge impact on European stone fruit season
- Passion fruit: side-line becomes serious
US: Retail food prices declined for the first time in nearly 50 years
High food price inflation in the 1970s—price increases as large as 16.4 and 14.9 percent in 1973 and 1974—was precipitated by food commodity and energy price shocks, whereas food price increases were minimal in 2009 and 2010, as the 2007-09 recession put downward pressure on prices for many goods, including food.
The unusual decline in retail food prices in 2016 can be attributed to a culmination of factors. Declining prices for retail meats, eggs, and dairy during that year are largely a story about rising commodity production. Lower transportation costs due to low oil prices and the strength of the U.S. dollar also placed downward pressure on food prices in the first half of 2016.
This chart appears in “Consumers Paid Less for Grocery Store Foods in 2016 Than in 2015” in the March 2017 issue of ERS’s Amber Waves magazine.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-13 China's farm produce trade deficit grows in January-May period
- 2020-07-13 Pakistan Supreme Court addresses appeal seeking ban on export of fruits and veg
- 2020-07-13 Water cuts result in a difficult year for Gamtoos Valley farmers
- 2020-07-13 Chief Minister Sonowal sets up committee to regulate vegetable prices in Kamrup
- 2020-07-13 Egypt boosts agricultural cooperation with other African countries
- 2020-07-13 New Zealand vegetable prices soar in June
- 2020-07-13 Lockdown in Spain gave a boost to the online sale of fruit and veg
- 2020-07-13 More compensations for damage to agricultural products in Spain
- 2020-07-13 “I think Dutch restaurants will forgo their summer break”
- 2020-07-13 "The Dutch weather plays an important part in our trade"
- 2020-07-13 Romanian vegetable imports increased in 2019
- 2020-07-10 "Preservation tech is the key to driving higher margins and avoiding $1 trillion in losses"
- 2020-07-10 America really needs its farmworkers
- 2020-07-10 The price difference for Spanish agricultural products at origin and destination has multiplied by 4.48
- 2020-07-10 Romanian drug smuggler uses fake fruit and veg business to traffic cocaine
- 2020-07-10 "Commercial disagreements between US and China are an opportunity for Peruvian exports"
- 2020-07-09 New roles for technology and stronger relationships during pandemic
- 2020-07-09 "What's coming in Spain is not a new normal, but a harsh reality"
- 2020-07-09 "We cover the niches in outdoor cultivation and can determine the prices"
- 2020-07-09 "AgrarCycle": highly innovative network working with science and industry