- Operations Manager - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Night-Shift Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Product Coördinator Fresh produce - Ridderkerk, Dinteloord of Heerle
- Medewerker Marketing & Communicatie - Hillegom
- Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
- Assistant breeder
- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW BERRIES
- “Bottlenecks are here to stay for a long while, probably at a lesser extent, once the effects of the covid-rebound are over”
- Hydroponic strawberries where sugarcane used to grow
- PEI and British Columbia put pressure on Manitoba potato supplies
- Washington apple grower digitally integrates quality inspection to improve freshness
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- 'We'd like to be importing about 200 containers of Ethiopian Hass avocados within 4 or 5 years"
- Kenyan traders are painting avocados to dupe consumers
- South Africa and Tanzania meet on avocado imports
- Avocados become entrenched in South Africans’ shopping baskets
- “By 2024, we’ll produce up to 3,000 tons of Hass avocado”
Speaker program launched for Hort Connections 2017
The Hort Connections conference aims to deliver fresh insights and the latest information and hottest issues to arm delegates with the tools to grow their businesses. Conference speakers have been selected to cover subjects ranging from technology to marketing, global development, the power of data and a session on the Harmonised Australian Retailer Produce Scheme (HARPS).
“Each topic has been refined and shaped to be of highest value to the fresh produce industry with special guest speakers, panel experts and industry representatives” said Darren Keating, CEO, PMA Australia New Zealand.
Keynote speakers include Jaquie Scamwell, Director of Customer Relations at Tennis Australia, who will be discussing the significance of people and culture. Beyondblue Chairman and former Victorian Premier, The Hon. Jeff Kennett AC will headline an important mental health forum, while Monash University’s ACRS Managing Director Sean Sands will discuss the opportunities to maximise value by designing customer - facing innovations that resonate. Delegates will also hear from Assistant Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, Senator the Hon. Anne Ruston, who will provide an insight into the Federal Government’s priorities for Australian horticulture in the coming months.
“Hort Connections delegates will gain unprecedented access to global heavyweights and local experts with this stellar line up of speakers” said James Whiteside, CEO, AUSVEG .
The Hort Connections 2017 Trade Show is the other major component of the event and will offer delegates the chance to meet with buyers from the major or independent retailers, source new inputs providers, get up close to cutting edge technologies and innovations.
For more information:
Mob: +61 0404 160908
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-03-31 "Our goal is for the NZ consumer to be buying even fresher produce"
- 2017-03-30 Monitoring system the size of a shoebox
- 2017-03-29 Continued steady growth for Australian macadamia crop
- 2017-03-27 Lower risk ethylene application for fruit ripening available in Australia
- 2017-03-24 New Zealand sees stellar season for apples
- 2017-03-23 Kapiris Bros rolls out cloud technology
- 2017-03-22 Helping berry growers predict consumer response
- 2017-03-21 Could barcodes be a thing of the past?
- 2017-03-20 Speaker program launched for Hort Connections 2017
- 2017-03-17 First new season KORU® brand apples head for US
- 2017-03-16 Seeka makes headway in Australia
- 2017-03-15 "Thailand has exceeded expectations for kiwifruit and grapes"
- 2017-03-14 A tour of Melbourne Wholesale market
- 2017-03-13 888 Citrus & Mildura Fruit Company join forces
- 2017-03-10 "“We are taking Australasia’s finest fresh produce to the world"
- 2017-03-10 Stockton enters distribution agreement in New Zealand for Timorex Gold
- 2017-03-09 NZ: Drying fruit and veg without losing nutrients
- 2017-03-08 New Zealand companies enter into exclusive agreement
- 2017-03-07 "AU: "Demand for Cotton Candy and Sweet Sapphire is phenomenal"
- 2017-03-06 AU: Initial results promising for new late avocado variety