- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Appolonia set for great success in China
The first shipment of 2.5 tonnes was sent out B2B, giving potential customers the opportunity to become familiar with the branded Polish apples. The next shipment of 200 tonnes, was sent out earlier this week and will be the first shipment being sent out for Chinese consumers to enjoy.
"The B2B shipment was really important to feeling out the market and making sure that customers really are interested in selling our apples. It also gave them the chance to show the apples to the final customer." shared Michał Lachowicz, President of Appolonia.
Michał said that the exact figure they plan on sending to China in the 2016/17 season is not yet set, as they are in the early growth stages and will likely send larger amounts as the demand continues to grow.
"We have received a lot of great feedback from various Chinese companies who are enthusiastic about Polish apples and are excited to market them as fresh and healthy fruit."
Appolonia sell their apples exclusively to the Chongqing Import and Export Fruit Association, an agreement that has been set for the next two years.
"Chongqing was an obvious choice for Appolonia because it is THE company in China who deals with the import of premium foreign fruit and vegetables. They work directly with many foreign brands exporting to China, Zespri being just one of them, so they offer huge possibilities for us. Our apples will have a combined start across China, in a wide number of channels such as retail, online and supermarkets." said Michał.
There had been earlier reports about the possibility of transporting the apples directly from Poland to China, but Michał said that this has not become a viable option for a couple of reasons; the first reason is that it is too problematic to transport goods through the Russian territories while there is still an embargo on apples from Poland. The other reason is due to the harsh winterweather in Russia. Most of the Polish apple sales and train cars can often dip into the minus temperatures which would damage the apples. The apples are currently transported by sea, which can take up to 50 days.
For more information:
Tel: +48 48 332 95 69
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 More winter strawberries harvested in Italy
- 2022-01-14 “Melon cultivation modernization not making up for increasing costs”
- 2022-01-14 Peruvian frozen strawberry exports increased by 50% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 China: Winter strawberries to grab the "fresh" market
- 2022-01-14 “The Legend apple is also available in organic”
- 2022-01-14 Free State apple packer expects 35% increase in volumes this year
- 2022-01-14 Australian melon growers remain resilient, despite many challenges
- 2022-01-14 "The pandemic has made us realize that we are capable of reinventing ourselves and has made us all much more professional"
- 2022-01-14 Chilean fresh fruit exports have increased by almost 8% over the previous season
- 2022-01-14 UK: Aldi and Somerset farm collaboration offers winter strawberries year-round
- 2022-01-14 PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
- 2022-01-14 "Argentina exports 8,500 tons of fresh blueberries in this campaign"
- 2022-01-13 Staay Food Group prepares for another Costa Rican melon season
- 2022-01-13 Logistics problems and high costs pressure melon industry
- 2022-01-13 Wakkerstroom farm makes sure apple quality trumps yield
- 2022-01-13 "Quite good red currant demand but hospitality closure is making it hard to get good prices"
- 2022-01-13 Two hectares of blueberry plantation in Lucena del Puerto were robbed
- 2022-01-13 "Supply chains are disrupted, from absent patrons to distributors to the industry"
- 2022-01-13 Nominations opening for watermelon promotion board
- 2022-01-13 Incentives working, but more people needed for Otago summerfruit harvest