- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Morocco: Seed company beats shelf-life worries
According to Agrosem's Business Development Manager, Mohamed Itaki: “We developed Mexico 86 to deal with challenges we faced before with the other variety. This variety is resistant to leaf curl virus among other diseases. We are also able to maintain our supply chain as we have also been able to extend our season. We have been supplying to Russia which is a difficult market and one of our furthest destinations. So far, so good.”
Agrosem, also exports its tomatoes to Europe, with the UK and France topping the list. They plan to invest more resources in developing new and better varieties in future. "Developing new varieties isn't as easy as finding good varieties, it takes time but we have to keep going," he adds.
Established in 2007, this Moroccan seed company has been working with companies like Monsanto, Seminis and Yuksel Seeds. Agrosem has three stations in Agadir and all stations are composed of different commercial teams.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 The pink ribbed Cassarosa tomato is awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- 2022-01-24 There will be a lack of fresh artichokes because of the frost in the Region of Murcia
- 2022-01-24 40% drop in volumes of red garlic from Nubia
- 2022-01-24 Are consumers willing to buy CRISPR tomatoes?
- 2022-01-24 Fiji: Suva Market Vendors Association expects high vegetables prices for at least 3 more months
- 2022-01-24 Broccoli to help anti-cancer treatments
- 2022-01-24 The trial planting of "Old Beijing" green chives succeeded
- 2022-01-24 Two Australian family brands partner together to celebrate loved Aussie produce in pickled form
- 2022-01-21 Christmas cauliflowers finally harvested
- 2022-01-21 Spanish tomato exports to the UK remain at the same level they were before Brexit
- 2022-01-21 Three Turkmen enterprises get permission to supply tomatoes to Russia
- 2022-01-21 "We hope the sprout market will improve once the Belgian measures are eased"
- 2022-01-21 “People are starting to realize Thailand can export asparagus”
- 2022-01-21 "Noticeable increase in demand for brown mushrooms"
- 2022-01-21 Growing old style tasty tomatoes with new technologies
- 2022-01-21 “The endive market is very competitive in terms of prices”
- 2022-01-21 Colder temperatures slow organic lettuce production
- 2022-01-20 Highest annual NZ food price rise in a decade: cost of tomatoes doubled
- 2022-01-20 Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- 2022-01-20 "Cauliflower market should improve in early February"