- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- Chinese kiwis make their debut in the Chilean market
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Peak week for Chilean cherry exports with thousand of containers arriving in China
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Gastón Urbina, of Agropackers
"Peru: "Frozen avocados: a profitable alternative"
"The product with the most recent rise in popularity is frozen avocado, which we are already exporting and for which we are already seeing a remarkable increase in demand every year, as the price of this product can be up to 50% lower than that of fresh avocados. Also, by immersing the product in a mixture of citric acid, ascorbic acid and salt, oxidation is prevented, and lastly, it is vacuum-packed with nitrogen. In this way, the avocado is processed when it has reached its perfect ripening point and does not lose its nutritional properties," highlighted Urbina.
This could become a good alternative for consumers who are just learning to consume avocados. "The advantage of this product is that it is possible to consume strictly the amount desired; the product is ready for consumption (peeled and without the pit), so it saves time, and is at its prime in terms of ripeness, and thus ready to eat. When you buy a fresh avocado, you need to have some kind of knowledge about the ripening process. This alternative is more practical and you can also consume it all year round."
For more information:
T: +51 9990-49070
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 Dutch supermarkets want better conditions for laborers in Italian ‘canned tomatoes’ industry
- 2022-01-14 Industrie Montali becomes a benefit society to support activities oriented towards community well-being
- 2022-01-13 US: The legacy of Campbell Soup’s tomato breeding program
- 2022-01-10 “Plenty of interest in sweet potatoes”
- 2022-01-07 Food tech company uses potato to create healthier, clean-label ground proteins
- 2022-01-07 Crispy Green launches innovative snack line 'Piña Picante'
- 2021-12-24 This Belgian museum is dedicated entirely to French fries
- 2021-12-22 Marks and Spencer consumers divided over 'Marmite' Brussels sprouts
- 2021-12-22 China: Online fruits usher in the era of "fresh-cut fruits"
- 2021-12-22 McDonald's has to ration french fries as supply shortage hits Japan
- 2021-12-21 Tripura starts using waterways to export pineapples to Germany
- 2021-12-16 Sabra announces fresh collaboration with Fifth Season
- 2021-12-08 Nestle India receives approval for its proposal
- 2021-12-08 Strong Roots and McCain announce partnership to grow plant-based product range globally
- 2021-12-03 Murcia's canned artichoke exports to the United States fall below 10,000 tons
- 2021-12-03 “The Bio Jolly Nouveau: an apple, a juice and nothing else!”
- 2021-12-02 A new line of dehydrated vegetable seasonings
- 2021-11-30 UK: Spalding food firm wants to build £20 million processing factory
- 2021-11-25 Murcia's juice and natural drink exports increase by 22%
- 2021-11-24 Brazilian orange juice producer Cutrale suspends exports to US