- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW STRAWBERRIES
- Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- Honduras import melon season underway
- Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- "If you can guarantee quality throughout the chain, you significantly reduce food waste"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: Promising lychee season ahead
Harvest in the early regions will be about a week or two later, according to Derek Donkin from Subtrop.
"Initial estimates suggest volumes will be at least as good as last year, possibly slightly better," explains Derek. "Weather conditions will play their part in the overall season of course."
The majority of lychees are grown in Mpumalanga, then, nearer the end of the season in January, the production moves to into the Limpopo region.
"There has been some rain in all of the production areas, which is good," according to Derek. "Temperatures have not been too high this season either. Last year at this time some of the production was lost due to the extreme temperatures and there was a lot of sunburnt fruit, but at this stage it seems to be better, so lets hope the weather stays good."
Maurius is the most common Lychee variety and the one mostly exported to Europe. There is also Early Delight, a South African cultivar which is being harvested at the moment. Later in the season the McLeans Red will be harvested.
For more information:
South African Subtropical Growers Association
Tel: +27 15 307 3676
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 68% of the Peruvian avocado exported was sent to the Netherlands, the US, Spain, and Chile
- 2022-01-21 Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- 2022-01-21 Sicily, land of truffles
- 2022-01-20 Clonal trees to help service the increasing demand for avocados
- 2022-01-20 "We prune our kiwi fruit vines four times a year"
- 2022-01-20 Improved refrigeration technology helps export of Taitung custard apples
- 2022-01-20 "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- 2022-01-20 Kiwi becomes the protagonist in Asia
- 2022-01-20 Cambodia: Mango exports up 146 percent to 265,000 tons in 2021
- 2022-01-20 Hass avocado to complement sugarcane in Busoga, Uganda
- 2022-01-20 New avocado plantations in Apulia covered by hail nets
- 2022-01-20 First vegan textile from persimmon and replacement for animal leather
- 2022-01-20 Garlic prices at five-year low in Navi Mumbai
- 2022-01-19 Australian Honey Gold mango production still on track despite recent disruptions
- 2022-01-19 "Impairment of the catering industry is extremely noticeable in the exotics business"
- 2022-01-19 Pineapple farmers call for police protection against landguards and real estate developers
- 2022-01-19 Green jujubes from Pingtung shipped to Dubai
- 2022-01-19 Dragon fruit prices dropping as exports to China diminish
- 2022-01-19 Taiwan imposes ban on frozen custard apples from China
- 2022-01-19 "Some Chinese retailers reserve their best shelves for cherries, and that has an impact on avocado sales"