- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- Technical Services Supervisor - Hamburg, Germany
- Cultivation Control Systems Manager - Colorado, USA
- Sales Manager based in The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany
- Category Manager (Mangoes, Melons & Pines) - Sydney or Brisbane, Australia
- General Manager - Commercial | Murcia, Spain | Fruit
- Junior Growers - UAE and Saudi
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Gambia: Call for fruit and vegetable factory investors intensifies
It is estimated that up to 10% of the value of fresh fruits and vegetables is lost in the process of marketing (Fatajo, Hydara and Jabang).
One of Africa’s main challenges particularly in The Gambia is the processing and the preservation of fruits they sell very little fresh from the harvest and tonnes goes to waste.
Economic liberalization and institutional reform has reduced and redefined the roll of the state in agricultural service provision and the challenge is ownership by emerging private sectors.
The indigenous sectors, however, are reluctant to risk investment even in standardized processing of fruits more so vegetables, due to belief that the local market and consumers could discard their produce and go for the imported processed products.
Fruit and vegetable farmers, the majority of whom are women, could however be encouraged to boost production through the provision of a mechanism that can quickly buy and adequately pay for their produce thereby encouraging them to produce more, and in turn buyers, to either process and preserve it for local and international markets.
Click here for the full story
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-02 Spain expands the blacklist of unfair punishable practices in the food chain
- 2020-07-02 USDA to purchase $512M in fresh fruit and veg in second round of Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- 2020-07-02 One Home, One Garden campaign encourages households to start food production units
- 2020-07-01 "Covid-19 triggers discussions of Chinese fruit wholesale models"
- 2020-07-01 Seasonal workers redefine "unskilled"
- 2020-07-01 USMCA goes into effect today, July 1st
- 2020-07-01 Protecting Victorian horticulture from fruit fly impacts
- 2020-07-01 USDA files action against Texas company for alleged PACA violations
- 2020-06-30 US could export agricultural products worth 32 billion USD to China in the next 2 years
- 2020-06-30 Western Growers statement on Letter of Undertaking required by Chinese customs
- 2020-06-30 Rainforest Alliance publishes new certification program
- 2020-06-29 "We have the second highest labor costs in Spain, only behind Seville"
- 2020-06-29 "Leaders are made, not born"
- 2020-06-26 Whakatāne Māori food producers receive $2.1m PGF boost
- 2020-06-25 Chile and the United States launch the electronic phytosanitary certification system
- 2020-06-24 Fruit company in Spanish province of Huesca reports coronavirus outbreak
- 2020-06-24 USDA cites Versa Marketing Inc. in California for PACA violations
- 2020-06-24 Committing to fast track Water Use Licensing Processes within 90 days
- 2020-06-23 Number of supermarkets in Spain continues to increase
- 2020-06-22 "We'll reject any action that is not sustained in the T-MEC or in national legislation"