- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Fresh thinking in tomato and berry packing with Freshseal technology
Freshseal includes the supply of base punnets or trays, film and a heat sealing machine to facilitate a smooth switch to the new pack format.
Due to the versatility of the packaging available, fresh produce suppliers can quickly and easily create an eye catching pack with colourful custom shaped trays and pre-printed branded film. The options for different tray materials include plastic, board, foil and compostable board. Films can be pre-printed with branding and images and can also be offered in a resealable specification (to improve hygiene after opening and allow stacking of packs in the fridge) as well as micro perforations to allow produce to breathe (particularly when used with fresh cut produce and modified atmosphere packs). In addition use by and sell by dates can simply be printed onto the film at the point of sealing to simplify the packing process further.
A key advantage of Freshseal is that all packaging formats can be sealed on the same machine with minimal interruption to the packing line. Switching from one tray or punnet shape to another and one printed film design to an alternative can be done in a matter of minutes.
Freshseal heat sealing machines are the fastest most energy efficient on the market today therefore producing the lowest cost per pack with a number of models available to suit the different levels of automation and production speeds in the market. All of the machines are fully electric and operate without the need for compressed air. For those who are new to film sealing, there are small machines offering speeds of up to 30 packs per minute whereas at the top end of the range the Revolution incorporates truly novel technology enabling it to surpass all other single lane sealers with speeds of up to 200 packs per minute. Additionally the Revolution gives a smooth profile of punnet transfer into the machine which allows lighter or more easily displaced products such as small berries or grape tomatoes to be transferred without spilling at high speed.
Freshseal is provided by Crawford Provincial of London, Ontario in Canada with machinery from the heat sealing specialists Packaging Automation of Knutsford, Cheshire in England.
Crawford Provincial offers aftermarket and technical back-up for Freshseal in the USA, Canada and Mexico with a team of specialist film sealing experts.
PA can offer customers a tray sealer or pot filler for a wide range of applications in the food industry including fresh produce packing such as salad, tomato, strawberry and soft fruit packing, fish, seafood, meat and chicken packing (including vacuum packing and skin packing), ready meal sealing and packing, and pot or tub denesting, filling and sealing for puddings and sauces.
Full packing lines can be specified and installed to include tray denesting, conveyoring, tray filling, film sealing including modified atmosphere packing (MAP) facilities. Foil tray sealing as well as plastic tray sealing can be accommodated on all machines as standard.
For further information please contact:
Packaging Automation Ltd
Packaging Automation Ltd
Parkgate Industrial Park
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2016-06-30 Photo report: Warnez doubles in size
- 2016-06-29 BiM realises first project in fresh produce sector
- 2016-06-29 "A unique packaging makes all the difference"
- 2016-06-28 Plastic crate manufacturer picks Georgia for DC
- 2016-06-28 “Retailers should have more respect for seasons”
- 2016-06-27 Naïo Technologies launches robotic weeder for large vegetable farms
- 2016-06-24 New carrot handling facility at Poskitts set to be the UK's most advanced
- 2016-06-23 Fresh thinking in tomato and berry packing with Freshseal technology
- 2016-06-22 New cooling techniques underway
- 2016-06-21 Bag placer replaces personnel
- 2016-06-20 China: Sales increase thanks to safe food standards, lower labor costs and higher productivity
- 2016-06-17 Asparagus harvesting machine equipped with track system
- 2016-06-16 "Chile: "The flexibility of Dutch manufacturers is boosting Chile's industrialization"
- 2016-06-15 "Quality control and standardisation drive change in China"
- 2016-06-14 Green Mushroom Farm introduces new packaging line
- 2016-06-13 JDC Onion Grading Solutions presents optical onion sorting technology
- 2016-06-10 German paper industry welcomes end of Rewe plastic bags
- 2016-06-09 Launch of pouch bag for organic grape tomatoes
- 2016-06-08 PIM 'brain transplant' reduces giveaway
- 2016-06-07 India: New kiwi punnet for retail sales