- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"The market demand for packaging is becoming higher"
China: Sales increase thanks to safe food standards, lower labor costs and higher productivity
Mr. Wu Yanbing in the exhibition hall with his colleagues
"In recent years, the number of the companies engaged in the fruit and vegetable packaging business has increased, but there is still a lot of room for further development. For example, 90% of fruits and vegetables in foreign supermarkets are fully packed, in comparison the domestic packaging rate is only around 20%. This gives consumers freedom to select the fresh produce, but the attrition rate is quite high and the profitability level of supermarkets is not high. Facing the increase of all the other costs, many supermarkets hope to implement packaging system to upgrade their sales model. On the other hand, in recent years, the increasing food safety challenges make consumers more cautious for fruits and vegetable production. Some suppliers use over packaging to meet consumer psychological needs. In comparison, we consider that fruits and vegetable should use simple and standardized packaging for the fast moving consumer goods."
"Our company mainly use mesh bags for fruit and vegetable packaging. Among all the other products, oranges are our main selling fruit. As of last year, our markets expand from the East and South region to the Middle and West region. Our main clients include large agricultural products processing factories, supermarket suppliers, wholesale markets and small to middle size farms."
"Some of our packaging machines are made in China, while some others are imported from Spain, a country that has been among the world top level in the fruit and vegetable sector. Judging by the current sales, the latter is more popular. Though our clients have to spend more in the beginning to purchase the imported Spanish machine, but its high automation rate brings higher return of investment by saving labour cost to a large extent. This represents the future of the agricultural products processing, therefore a lot of companies with long term development plan start to purchase our equipment. With the strong support from our after sales team, we have managed to build a very good reputation in this sector."
For more information about fruit mesh bag packaging and the processing equipment, please contact:
Mr. Wu Yanbing, Electrical and Mechanical technology Co. Ltd.
Telephone:+86 139 6265 9321
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2016-06-30 Photo report: Warnez doubles in size
- 2016-06-29 BiM realises first project in fresh produce sector
- 2016-06-29 "A unique packaging makes all the difference"
- 2016-06-28 Plastic crate manufacturer picks Georgia for DC
- 2016-06-28 “Retailers should have more respect for seasons”
- 2016-06-27 Naïo Technologies launches robotic weeder for large vegetable farms
- 2016-06-24 New carrot handling facility at Poskitts set to be the UK's most advanced
- 2016-06-23 Fresh thinking in tomato and berry packing with Freshseal technology
- 2016-06-22 New cooling techniques underway
- 2016-06-21 Bag placer replaces personnel
- 2016-06-20 China: Sales increase thanks to safe food standards, lower labor costs and higher productivity
- 2016-06-17 Asparagus harvesting machine equipped with track system
- 2016-06-16 "Chile: "The flexibility of Dutch manufacturers is boosting Chile's industrialization"
- 2016-06-15 "Quality control and standardisation drive change in China"
- 2016-06-14 Green Mushroom Farm introduces new packaging line
- 2016-06-13 JDC Onion Grading Solutions presents optical onion sorting technology
- 2016-06-10 German paper industry welcomes end of Rewe plastic bags
- 2016-06-09 Launch of pouch bag for organic grape tomatoes
- 2016-06-08 PIM 'brain transplant' reduces giveaway
- 2016-06-07 India: New kiwi punnet for retail sales