- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
India: New kiwi punnet for retail sales
"In the past year some brands have tried packs of 3 or 4 kiwis which allowed them to price the kiwis more attractively than before," explains Ankit Bhargava from Avi Global Plast. "When IG International planned to import Chilean kiwis and develop a pack of 3, they approached us to develop a sturdy and attractive punnet which would work, not just in modern retail, but also in the massive organised retail space in India. The result of this joint mandate was our new punnet PNG-300 which is made using highly transparent, food approved and environment friendly rPET sheets. The pack is strong and aesthetically pleasing and has received good reviews since the launch of the IG Chilean Kiwis."
The pack size appeals to the consumer and the transparent pack allows the consumer to see the product clearly before making a buying decision. The locking and the design of the packing means that it is safe and avoids pilferage of the produce and can be used until the kiwis have been consumed.
The pack has been developed to be used on high speed automatic packing machines with adequate space for labelling/ branding. It is strong enough to avoid damage to kiwis or soft fruits in transit in conditions common to India and ensures minimal wastage/ loss to the importers/ producers.
"We have successfully launched this product in India and have already received orders from Mauritius," said Mr Bhargava, "We are quite positive of growing the market for this punnet for the repacking of kiwis and possibly a range of soft fruits."
The pack achieves the balance between too much packaging and the loss of fresh produce. India already faces a lot of loss of produce and is in dire need of good packaging in the absence of other facilities like cold chain logistics. Also the economical size and price of the punnet ensures good quality produce to the customers.
For more information:
Avi Global Plast
Tel: +9122 3955 9393
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2016-06-30 Photo report: Warnez doubles in size
- 2016-06-29 BiM realises first project in fresh produce sector
- 2016-06-29 "A unique packaging makes all the difference"
- 2016-06-28 Plastic crate manufacturer picks Georgia for DC
- 2016-06-28 “Retailers should have more respect for seasons”
- 2016-06-27 Naïo Technologies launches robotic weeder for large vegetable farms
- 2016-06-24 New carrot handling facility at Poskitts set to be the UK's most advanced
- 2016-06-23 Fresh thinking in tomato and berry packing with Freshseal technology
- 2016-06-22 New cooling techniques underway
- 2016-06-21 Bag placer replaces personnel
- 2016-06-20 China: Sales increase thanks to safe food standards, lower labor costs and higher productivity
- 2016-06-17 Asparagus harvesting machine equipped with track system
- 2016-06-16 "Chile: "The flexibility of Dutch manufacturers is boosting Chile's industrialization"
- 2016-06-15 "Quality control and standardisation drive change in China"
- 2016-06-14 Green Mushroom Farm introduces new packaging line
- 2016-06-13 JDC Onion Grading Solutions presents optical onion sorting technology
- 2016-06-10 German paper industry welcomes end of Rewe plastic bags
- 2016-06-09 Launch of pouch bag for organic grape tomatoes
- 2016-06-08 PIM 'brain transplant' reduces giveaway
- 2016-06-07 India: New kiwi punnet for retail sales