- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
PIM 'brain transplant' reduces giveaway
In April this year PIM-Machinery replaced the original Propak controls of a Propak weigher built in 2014 at VIUDA Antonio Serra S.A. in Mallorca. After having replaced several Propak Controls successfully for PIM controls, this is now also known as a “Brain Transplant”.
Joan Serra owner of the company met PIM during Fruit Logistica and explained he believed their Propak 12/2 scale weigher was not fast enough and also not accurate enough. Also the company was suffering from serious overweight problems after changing weights.
PIM offered to do a “Brain Transplant” on the machinery and told him he could increase the capacity from ± 900 discharges per hour with 25kg to ± 1.300 discharge per hour and could realize an accuracy increase to less than 5 grams per bag on average.
"With the PIM “Brain Transplant” we realized a capacity increase of +40%" explained Joan. "But, most importantly with the increased accuracy, we can put an extra ±20.000 kg potatoes in bags each year! Within 1 year we will have a return on this investment."
"Also the installation and training went smooth. The PIM controls are intuitive and different programs can be made quickly and easily. The PIM controls are self-learning which means within 10 discharges with a new (size) product, the renewed machine has found the ideal settings to be able to discharge the most accurate weights," said Joan.
Normally “Brain Transplants” are done on older machines which are executed with an older generation of controls. When these weighers are well serviced with new PIM controls these “older” weighers will have a second and improved life. This helps produce packers to reduce their investment costs whilst being able to increase capacity and reduce costs on overweight.
Moreover, PIM Machinery can support users of Propak machines with spare parts and service.
For more information:
Jouke van der Meer
Tel: +31 6 832 18 595
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2016-06-30 Photo report: Warnez doubles in size
- 2016-06-29 BiM realises first project in fresh produce sector
- 2016-06-29 "A unique packaging makes all the difference"
- 2016-06-28 Plastic crate manufacturer picks Georgia for DC
- 2016-06-28 “Retailers should have more respect for seasons”
- 2016-06-27 Naïo Technologies launches robotic weeder for large vegetable farms
- 2016-06-24 New carrot handling facility at Poskitts set to be the UK's most advanced
- 2016-06-23 Fresh thinking in tomato and berry packing with Freshseal technology
- 2016-06-22 New cooling techniques underway
- 2016-06-21 Bag placer replaces personnel
- 2016-06-20 China: Sales increase thanks to safe food standards, lower labor costs and higher productivity
- 2016-06-17 Asparagus harvesting machine equipped with track system
- 2016-06-16 "Chile: "The flexibility of Dutch manufacturers is boosting Chile's industrialization"
- 2016-06-15 "Quality control and standardisation drive change in China"
- 2016-06-14 Green Mushroom Farm introduces new packaging line
- 2016-06-13 JDC Onion Grading Solutions presents optical onion sorting technology
- 2016-06-10 German paper industry welcomes end of Rewe plastic bags
- 2016-06-09 Launch of pouch bag for organic grape tomatoes
- 2016-06-08 PIM 'brain transplant' reduces giveaway
- 2016-06-07 India: New kiwi punnet for retail sales