- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- Chinese kiwis make their debut in the Chilean market
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Peak week for Chilean cherry exports with thousand of containers arriving in China
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippine pineapples dominate Chinese market
China import pineapples mainly from the Philippines (88%), Taiwan (12%), and Thailand (0.3%). The average price from January to May 2015 for pineapples from the Philippines hovered around 1,23 USD, according to the same source.
“We are one of the leading pineapple importers in China. In 2015, we imported about 700 containers (equal to 1.05 million cartons) from the Philippines. The main varieties we import are Golden Pineapples MD2 and MG3. We import Philippine pineapples because they are available all year around and of very good quality,” says Mr. Jackson Zhong of Agrade Shanghai Company Limited, a Shanghai based fruit importer in China.
“Compared to pineapples from Taiwan, Philippine pineapples have a longer shelf life, of about 3-4 weeks after harvesting, and they are available all year around. Taiwanese pineapples have a good taste, but shelf life is much shorter: they only last about 1-2 week after harvesting. The Taiwanese pineapple is available only for about half year, from May untill October. The main varieties from Taiwan are: Golden Diamond, Milk Pineapple, Sugar Cane Pineapple, and Ripe-on-Tree Pineapple,” adds Jackson.
“China also imports pineapples from Thailand, but in very small quantities. There are no pineapples imported from South America so far. The markets in China are good this year. The average selling price is about 90 Yuan (12,80 Euros) per 12kg carton. Our import volume is expected to be increased in the year 2016”.
For more information:
Agrade Shanghai Company Limited
Suite 207/208 Office Building 3188, Longwu Road, Shanghai 201108, China
Contact number: +86 18521551556
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-19 Australian Honey Gold mango production still on track despite recent disruptions
- 2022-01-19 "Impairment of the catering industry is extremely noticeable in the exotics business"
- 2022-01-19 Pineapple farmers call for police protection against landguards and real estate developers
- 2022-01-19 Green jujubes from Pingtung shipped to Dubai
- 2022-01-19 Dragon fruit prices dropping as exports to China diminish
- 2022-01-19 Taiwan imposes ban on frozen custard apples from China
- 2022-01-19 "Some Chinese retailers reserve their best shelves for cherries, and that has an impact on avocado sales"
- 2022-01-19 Kenya set to commence exporting avocados to China
- 2022-01-18 Ready to supply ginger to the US market after years of success in Canada
- 2022-01-18 PlantTech institute looks into kiwifruit orchard stress
- 2022-01-18 Torrevieja growers choose to produce dragon fruit
- 2022-01-18 Chinese kiwis make their debut in the Chilean market
- 2022-01-18 Rwanda well-positioned to capture EU market share for passion fruit
- 2022-01-18 Lepe joins the white strawberries 'fever'
- 2022-01-18 Egyptian government approves export of products from 3,000 new farms
- 2022-01-18 France: Avocados grown in Pyrénées-Orientales
- 2022-01-18 The situation of Vietnamese pitaya fruit exports to China is grim
- 2022-01-18 Mainland China continues to be the largest export market for its agricultural products
- 2022-01-18 Cold and rain may halve Kesar mango production in Gujarat
- 2022-01-17 Western Australian avocados smashing it in Japan