- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Driscoll's Mexico opens new greenhouse
The opening of this greenhouse is just phase 1 out of 5 in total. Driscoll’s has chosen to work with Codema Systems Group from the Netherlands in cooperation with Inverca, a Spanish greenhouse builder. Once all phases are built, the benching system has the capability to automate and control the growing process of these young plants from start to finish at app 285.000m2.
As the market leader in the fresh organic and conventional berry market, Driscoll’s is a trusted brand for consumers looking for organic strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. This commitment to organic nursery plants for all of Driscoll’s independent organic growers demonstrates Driscoll’s leadership in meeting and exceeding U.S. organic standards. In order to stay one step ahead and ensure a continuous supply of strawberries, Driscoll’s has chosen to automate the production of young plants.
Every Driscoll’s berry begins life in a nursery. Nursery plants are grown, harvested and carefully packed and delivered to independent growers for commercial fruit production. Growing certified organic starter plants from the nursery to provide organic growers healthy, pest and disease free plants is a priority for Driscoll’s.
With more than 100 years of family farming heritage, Driscoll’s has been a pioneer in the berry industry across many fronts. Driscoll’s is one of the few berry companies with a dedicated global research and development program focusing on growing proprietary berry varieties exclusively for their independent growers to deliver a superior berry flavor experience. Driscoll’s mission is to continually delight berry consumers through the alignment with their customers and berry growers.
Codema provides innovative essential tailor made horticulture solutions worldwide by empathizing with their partners. Through co creating and working according their methodology ‘’desgin-develop-deliver’’ they share knowledge and skills on horticultivation. Codema’s strategy is to think differently. By challenging the status quo and bringing solutions to the market that are well designed, easy to expand and user friendly.
For more information:
Gideon de Jager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 FPAA names Allison Moore as Executive Vice President
- 2022-01-26 Organics Unlimited announces passing of organic banana pioneer
- 2022-01-26 Bivano takes over lehmann natur
- 2022-01-26 Plenty raises another $400 million
- 2022-01-26 IATA: Strong 2021 air cargo demand with constrained capacity
- 2022-01-26 'For the year ended 31st December 2021, total revenues recorded growth of 110.2%'
- 2022-01-25 FirstFruits Marketing adds pear growing and distribution partner
- 2022-01-25 "EU taxonomy burdens implementation of energy and climate change"
- 2022-01-25 Dutch cooperative changes its company structure
- 2022-01-25 Nahr Al-Khair Company to debut on Egyptian Exchange next Tuesday
- 2022-01-25 Bee Vectoring Technologies announces entry into Peru
- 2022-01-24 Ethylene partnership formed to expand service in China
- 2022-01-24 Grower-importer announces new Western expansion
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?