- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Rungis wholesale market signs contract to assist Russia
The contract has been signed by Stéphane Layani, President of the company Semmaris and Andreï Kostine, Director General of the Russian public bank, VTB. The Russian Vice Prime Minister, Arkadi Dvorkovitch and Minister of Agriculture, Alexande Tkatchev were present.
The “technical assistance” contract represents $28 million over 15 years for Semmaris. The company will not invest any funds, but will lend their expertise (feasibility, construction and exploitation) and will allow them to use their brand 'Rungis Market International' for the Russian project.
This is the first contract abroad of it’s kind for Rungis, which is the word’s largest wholesaler. They hope to sign a similar type of agreement soon with Dubai.
Total surface area of the project in Russia will cover 300 hectares, more than the surface of Rungis. Construction will take place South of Moscow in Domodedovo and is planned between 2016-2018 with an €800 million investment.
This contract has been signed despite the Russian imposed embargo on French food products (a reaction to Western sanctions linked to the Ukranian crisis). The embargo has effected producers in Rungis as the market makes 10% of it’s turnover at export.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Ethylene partnership formed to expand service in China
- 2022-01-24 Grower-importer announces new Western expansion
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent