- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South African grape export not affected by hail
The Red Globe and Dan ben Hannah varieties will be harvested from week 50 in Namibia, along with Sugarone and Thompsons. The Northern Cape and Limpopo will begin a week later with all cultivars. Bruwer advised that, “The Western cape can be divided into an early area i.e Olifantsriver, that has already started to pack, and a late area i.e Bergriver and Hexriver, that will start packing operations in the next two weeks.”
Bruwer mentioned that there has been some hail in the Limpopo province. This has not greatly affected the vineyards, however, there was some damage done to the citrus and mango orchards.
In the past few years, Freshgold growers have replaced all “old world” cultivars with new seedless varieties according to the current market demands. These are Sweet Celebration, Timco, Magenta, Sugra and Arra cultivars, to name a few. Bruwer says “Expansions on existing farms with the white and red seedless varieties will have an effect on the harvest of 2016/2017.”
For more information:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 555 1966
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Honduras import melon season underway
- 2022-01-21 "With just ten days until Chinese New Year demand is very good, we are picking as fast as we can"
- 2022-01-21 Moroccan raspberries gained ground on Spanish raspberries in November and December
- 2022-01-21 The Pears de Rincón de Soto PDO was awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- 2022-01-21 Peruvian white grape exports gain ground over the Red Globe exports
- 2022-01-21 COAG denounces that supermarkets are selling melons that are not from Almeria as if they were from that province
- 2022-01-21 Cold spring had a serious impact on Czech fruit harvest
- 2022-01-21 "This week, the first grapes have been shipped from India"
- 2022-01-21 Production and export of Argentinian blueberries declines
- 2022-01-21 Third largest fruit exporter in the country, Ceará sells US$ 178 million in 2021
- 2022-01-21 Building strawberry farms to feed North America
- 2022-01-21 Apples from Ukraine and Moldova selling well in Tajikistan
- 2022-01-21 Chinese cherries are about to enter the domestic market
- 2022-01-21 The imported fruit price index mainly showed a trend of increase in 2021
- 2022-01-21 South African pears allowed to enter China
- 2022-01-20 Strawberry supplies increasing again
- 2022-01-20 How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- 2022-01-20 What are the latest trends in raspberries?
- 2022-01-20 South African pears to benefit from empty European & UK markets
- 2022-01-20 "The high light levels are producing great quality and good availability which will last for a couple of weeks"