- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- Pricing strong--and possibly strengthening--on onions
- “There’s a high demand from China for Egyptian oranges, especially for Valencia”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
peaches and nectarines struggle
Apricot shortage in Europe increases prices
stART’s main markets lie in the UK and the Middle East. “UK prices are stable. On the continent, the price of apricots are high due to a shortage of product, but prices on nectarines and especially peaches are under pressure.”
The Rand (South African currency) has been weakening steadily for the past year, and has brought about some concerns for the future. Kriegler says that “the exchange rate is to the benefit of the growers, but will also lead to higher input costs.”
Although they do not yet have access to Asian countries, stART is planting specifically for the Asian market. Kriegler states “we are focussed on sub-acid, large, white flesh nectarines, and high sugar red plums for the Asian market.”
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 807 5000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Kashmir Traders Alliance supports demands of the Fruit Growers Association
- 2022-01-18 Northern provinces of Vietnam halt fruit trucks at some border gates
- 2022-01-18 Yakima Valley: Demand for cherries remains high
- 2022-01-18 Berry grower expands physically and virtually in 2022
- 2022-01-18 Crop update on Chilean nectarine season
- 2022-01-18 "The demand for blackberries and in particular organic berries is certainly growing"
- 2022-01-18 William's pear harvest began in the Rio Negro and Neuquen Valley with losses that could amount to 80,000 tons
- 2022-01-18 Petrolina fruit producers face losses of R$ 60 million
- 2022-01-18 Peak week for Chilean cherry exports with thousand of containers arriving in China
- 2022-01-18 "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- 2022-01-18 Water pans transform Ukambani into food basket
- 2022-01-18 "In marketing terms, Easter is now more interesting for us than Christmas"
- 2022-01-18 “Our club varieties will be available for 12 months a year in the near future."
- 2022-01-18 India grants expanded market access for US cherries
- 2022-01-18 Over one thousand hectares of strawberries cultivated in Basilicata this year
- 2022-01-17 South Africa: Industry set for a promising pome fruit 2022 harvest
- 2022-01-17 New book shows grapes a top food for immunity and brain health
- 2022-01-17 Shelf life extension tech firm receives new USDA funding
- 2022-01-17 Technology supports New Zealand cherry pickers to work 'smarter'
- 2022-01-17 Total shipments from start of the season until January 9 reached 56,268 tons