- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Blueberry price quadruples in Russia during winter
Depending on the season, the country sending the blueberries changes. “In summer the main export country is Belarus. In the past blueberries were also imported from Spain, Portugal, Holland, and Poland but now because of the sanctions this is not possible. In autumn and winter the main blueberry export countries are: Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico and Morocco,” says Alexander.
“At the moment the majority of blueberries on the Russian market are from Peru, Argentina and Uruguay. The blueberry season in Uruguay starts in September and continues to January. The blueberry season from Chile starts a month later, roughly from October to March. Every year the yield and volume of supply from Uruguay increases.”
“The price of blueberries is lower in the summer season than in the winter. In summer the price for a box (1.5kg) is around $5-8. The price of blueberries from South American countries at the start of autumn-winter is between $14-17, taking into account transport costs the price rises to $23-30 a box. Previously we brought blueberries directly from South America to Moscow, now we are considering shipping via Rotterdam to reduce costs. Of course, this increases the delivery time to 10 days, but is likely to be more profitable," says Alexander.
According to Alexander, blueberries in Russia remain a rather expensive berry. Not all Russians can afford to indulge themselves with this tasty and healthy berry all year round.
For more information:
Tel: +7 812 424 42 90
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-17 Better yields likely despite challenges in upcoming Chilean grape season
- 2021-09-17 "Peru will have 20,000 hectares of blueberries in 3 years and it will consolidate its leadership in world exports"
- 2021-09-17 Chilean fruit exports total 5,296 million FOB dollars between January and August
- 2021-09-17 Accumulated number for 2021/2022 season at 52 tons up until now
- 2021-09-17 Andalusian blueberry fills niche in the international market
- 2021-09-17 Even workers from Caribbean, Kenya and Nepal helped to pick fruit in Norfolk
- 2021-09-17 Brits expect ‘blackberry boom’ as new figures indicate industry’s growth potential
- 2021-09-17 How to distinguish sharka disease from other viral or bacterial diseases
- 2021-09-17 “Belgian strawberry quality is unrivalled”
- 2021-09-17 No end to imported blueberry growth in Europe yet
- 2021-09-17 French: Strong increase in apple prices compensates for lower production
- 2021-09-17 University professor grows 40 different fruits on a single tree
- 2021-09-17 Promising start to South African organic stonefruit
- 2021-09-16 "Europe's grape consumption disappoints, but it's almost time for peak sales weeks"
- 2021-09-16 Final rush for watermelons but prices remain low
- 2021-09-16 Blueberry production Argentina begins new harvesting year
- 2021-09-16 "Genetic differentiation is key to success in the blueberry business"
- 2021-09-16 Morocco sold more watermelon in the EU than Spain for the first time
- 2021-09-16 Malaysia opens its market to Peruvian blueberries
- 2021-09-16 FNM will start marketing the first results of its new strawberry and raspberry research lines