- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Christmas melon sales set to snowball
produce fixture this December with the introduction of the ʻSweet Snowball
The fruit, a first into British retailers, has been grown by the Tesco supplier
partner Agricola Famosa in the North East of Brazil but its origins can be
found in Korea.
“The Sweet Snowball Melon, so named because of its white skin, has been
developed to offer consumers something a little different and unique this
Christmas,” said James Cackett, Tesco Melon and Grape Technical Manager
…. “The melon category has some fantastic traditional varieties but it is really
exciting when we can offer customers something new for them to enjoy.”
The fruit offers a super sweet white flesh due to its high brix and is identified
by an eye-catching white with green flecked outer skin.
Tesco are launching it amongst selected stores nationwide, and available
throughout the festive season, it is hoped that in years to come it will become
as recognisable as traditional favorites such as satsumas and Brussels
To learn more visit www.munoz.co.uk.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Water pans transform Ukambani into food basket
- 2022-01-18 Kashmir Traders Alliance supports demands of the Fruit Growers Association
- 2022-01-18 "The demand for blackberries and in particular organic berries is certainly growing"
- 2022-01-18 Over one thousand hectares of strawberries cultivated in Basilicata this year
- 2022-01-18 William's pear harvest began in the Rio Negro and Neuquen Valley with losses that could amount to 80,000 tons
- 2022-01-18 Berry grower expands physically and virtually in 2022
- 2022-01-18 Peak week for Chilean cherry exports with thousand of containers arriving in China
- 2022-01-18 “Our club varieties will be available for 12 months a year in the near future."
- 2022-01-18 "In marketing terms, Easter is now more interesting for us than Christmas"
- 2022-01-18 Crop update on Chilean nectarine season
- 2022-01-18 Petrolina fruit producers face losses of R$ 60 million
- 2022-01-18 Northern provinces of Vietnam halt fruit trucks at some border gates
- 2022-01-18 Yakima Valley: Demand for cherries remains high
- 2022-01-18 "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- 2022-01-18 India grants expanded market access for US cherries
- 2022-01-17 South Africa: Industry set for a promising pome fruit 2022 harvest
- 2022-01-17 Good year for UK Bramley producers
- 2022-01-17 Limvalnera strawberries are nickel and histamine-free
- 2022-01-17 New book shows grapes a top food for immunity and brain health
- 2022-01-17 Brazilian fruit industry breaks record, reaching more than 1 billion dollars in exports