- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Wellpak launches first resealable punnets for berries
As well as providing a point of difference for retailers in an ever more competitive marketplace, due to its unique combination of features, the Ezo Punnet is also the best and most hygienic way to store berries in the fridge.
It is resealable multiple times, even when frozen. It’s stackable, unlike traditional fruit punnets, which tend to crumple, leaving berries in an unusable mess. It’s also non-spill and entirely sealed, which eliminates the risk of contamination by other fridge contents, including raw meat and poultry.
This combination of features means berries boxed in an Ezo Punnet will look, feel and taste fresher for longer, leading to less waste. And food waste is a major issue in the UK, with the average family wasting almost £60 a month by throwing away almost an entire meal a day (Love Food, Hate Waste, 2015).
The Ezo Punnet will be packed by Wellpak’s service partner Ackio, a specialist, highly-automated fruit packer already renowned for its unique configuration of leading-edge technologies. Together they are strong on procurement, supply, and packaging, presenting a simple, seamless and scalable solution to retailers.
Wellpak’s Sales Director, Simon Lane, said: ‘There is no other product like the Ezo Punnet being used to package berries in the UK. As the first of its kind, it’s a considerable innovation. When this design was used to package cheese in the US, sales shot up, so we’re excited to see the impact the Ezo Punnet will have on berry sales here in the UK.’
Wellpak’s Ezo Punnets are available to retailers now.
For more information:
Tel: +44 7779 247508
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Del Monte works on developing compostable fruit cups
- 2022-01-26 “This was a unique opportunity to create something different"
- 2022-01-25 "We’re proud to be able to offer a recycled packaging solution"
- 2022-01-25 "Packaging legislation is moving faster than the development of alternative materials"
- 2022-01-24 France: Distributors have difficulty adapting to the end of plastic
- 2022-01-24 Indian Patent Office grants patent for coating that extends shelf life of fruits & vegetables
- 2022-01-21 Multi-million dollar reusable packaging theft operation taken down
- 2022-01-21 Fresh produce companies turning to automation during pandemic labour shortages
- 2022-01-21 "Reusable solutions allow Greek companies to enter new export markets"
- 2022-01-21 Kelston Orchards opens new multi purpose cool store and packhouse
- 2022-01-20 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-20 German importer urges Sri Lankan agro exporters to practice superior packaging
- 2022-01-14 “Our linerless Fruit Lid can help brand owners tackle the problems associated with single use plastic
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-13 It’s official: Cartonboard can be recycled at least 25 times
- 2022-01-13 A behind-the-scenes look at a Dutch company's packaging department
- 2022-01-12 Belgian company's packaging gets second chances
- 2022-01-11 "We're currently the only packing company in Europe packaging Brussels sprouts in paper"
- 2022-01-07 Papyrus Egypt turns to banana fibre food packaging
- 2022-01-06 "Batching, primary packaging and secondary packaging from a single source"