- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Rolf Weber, Global Producers:
"Large volumes of Brazilian melons shipped to Europe cause price drops"
Melon seed nursery in Costa Rica
A weak Brazilian Real, huge optimism traders and the 'new' European melon importers were also important factors to explain the high volumes being shipped to Europe and consequently the low marketprices. “The large old stocks of poor quality fruits and still high shipped volumes, no changes in the situation are to be expected."
Due to good weather conditions, melon growers in Central America have already started getting ready for the new season with the preparations of the land for the planting. Exports will kick off late this year or in early 2016. According to Rolf, the situation in Central America will be similar to that of Brazil, since the different seed varieties there have already sold out.
For more information:
Global Producers B.V.
Venrayseweg 136 B
5928 RH Venlo
T +31 77 465 81 00
F +31 77 387 48 18
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-27 "Difficult Chilean blueberry season so far"
- 2022-01-27 Quince is gaining popularity in Russia
- 2022-01-27 Chile exported 2.62 million tons of fresh fruits in 2021
- 2022-01-27 Strawberries become a hot item before the Spring Festival
- 2022-01-27 China: Safety concerns affect imported fruit sales
- 2022-01-27 Berries see tighter supplies and higher prices
- 2022-01-27 A look at New Zealand apples and pears
- 2022-01-27 Australian stone fruit season drastically improved after Christmas
- 2022-01-26 Chilean fresh plum market to the U.S. reopens under systems approach
- 2022-01-26 Hazera Spain developed two new mini seedless watermelons
- 2022-01-26 Rockit launches themed gift boxes for Chinese New Year
- 2022-01-26 Blueberries have developed very well in the dunes of Pisco
- 2022-01-26 Peruvian blueberry exports up 30% in volume so far
- 2022-01-26 South African plum campaign targets UK consumers
- 2022-01-26 "Production volume and price of Hami melons both go up as Chinese Spring Festival approaches"
- 2022-01-26 "Metis® is already a recognized premium alternative to traditional plums"
- 2022-01-26 "We've begun other Central American melon seasons with more stock"
- 2022-01-26 Weather still troubles grape growers in Nashik and Sangli districts
- 2022-01-26 France: Apple stocks increasing and pear stocks cut in half
- 2022-01-25 "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"