- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New president for AU walnut industry
Dr Michael Lang, Principal Scientist at Walnuts Australia, has accepted the position as the new AWIA's President. Dr Lang's work for his PhD on management of walnut blight has been widely adopted in Australian walnut orchards. AWIA looks forward to a long and productive period with Dr Lang as President and thanks Mr Hosken for his enthusiastic contribution as President. Dr Lang will start in the new role on 17th November after a handover during the next two weeks.
“The Australian Walnut Industry is going through some exciting times with plantings increasing and production reaching new heights” said Dr Lang, President elect, Australian Walnut Industry Association.
The 2015 production was in excess of 8,000 tonnes with a Farm Gate Value of $60 million. By 2020 the industry expects to have a production of 13,000 tonnes.
Growers are establishing orchards in new regions like the Riverland and Sunraysia that will lead to further production capacity.
“Some of these new orchards will be featured at the upcoming Symposium/Farm Walk being organised for Saturday 21st November 2015” said Mr Trevor Ranford, Technical Communications Officer, AWIA.
A full program will commence with a symposium at the Mercure Motel, Mildura and then move out into the orchard where growers will be able to see both the orchards and orchard equipment.
“Current and prospective growers are encouraged to attend this last event for 2015” said Mrs Sally Smith, Secretary, AWIA.
For more information:
Australian Walnut Industry Association
Tel: +61 (0)417 809 172
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent
- 2022-01-19 State agribusiness group CDC posts over XAF18 bln loss for 2020
- 2022-01-19 Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO