- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Aussie herb company making mark across the seas
The dried herbs, which stocked on more than 25,000 supermarket shelves and is the most visible Australian retail product in the world, received a 2015 Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Impact Award at the PMA Fresh Summit in the USA.
Chief Operating Officer for Gourmet Garden Andrew Eves-Brown was also awarded the Outstanding Business Person of the Year at the weekend's Sunshine Coast Business Awards.
"Gourmet Garden is extremely proud to receive this recognition and it is further credit to all of our hard working staff for their outstanding efforts across all facets of our operation - from the growing and harvesting of our product to its packaging and distribution to 15 countries around the world," Mr Eves-Brown said.
Mr Eves-Brown, who is also Chair of the Food and Agribusiness Taskforce - one of seven high-value industries under the Sunshine Coast Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS) - said the opportunities were there for local producers within the Food and Agribusiness industry.
"The Sunshine Coast epitomises the image that the food and agribusiness industry wants to portray. It represents the clean, fresh, sustainability of the area - the true Natural Advantage," he said.
"One of the key actions of the Agribusiness Industry and Investment Plan 2014-2018 is implementing a 'zero waste project' to eliminate the dumping of fresh local produce. We held a forum in June this year and invited growers, food industry businesses and local and state government representatives to look at ways to reduce edible strawberry waste by developing new products or value-adding to existing products.
"This is already bearing fruit, with a number of local businesses looking into new niche products that can further boost the strawberry industry that's already worth around $16million to the food and agribusiness industry on the Sunshine Coast. Confidence is high and it's an ideal time to launch these initiatives."
Economic Development portfolio councillor Stephen Robinson said Gourmet Garden was among a growing number of Sunshine Coast businesses making a mark overseas and is a key participant in the Sunshine Coast Export Network.
"The success of Gourmet Garden in exporting to 15 countries and fellow Sunshine Coast company RADAQQUA in completing a lucrative aquaculture project in China are examples of the export opportunities that are well within reach of local businesses," he said.
For more information visit www.gourmetgarden.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 FirstFruits Marketing adds pear growing and distribution partner
- 2022-01-25 "EU taxonomy burdens implementation of energy and climate change"
- 2022-01-25 Dutch cooperative changes its company structure
- 2022-01-25 Nahr Al-Khair Company to debut on Egyptian Exchange next Tuesday
- 2022-01-25 Bee Vectoring Technologies announces entry into Peru
- 2022-01-24 Ethylene partnership formed to expand service in China
- 2022-01-24 Grower-importer announces new Western expansion
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce