- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Turkish breeding brings unique taste to global glasshouse industry
The Turkish vegetable breeder Yuksel Seeds is one of the Turkish breeders that has an extensive presence in the domestic industry, but also on a global scale. More greenhouse growers outside of Turkey are interested in their varieties, and the breeder is working hard on its international breeding program. Yuksel's varieties are known for their combination of authentic characteristics with commercial production capabilities.
Recently, Yuksel opened their first North American office in Leamington Ontario. Ziya Yildiz of Yuksel: "We have a large presence in our home markets on the European mainland, but we noticed increased interest from North American growers as well. Their market is being dominated by Dutch and Israeli breeders. They are playing a leading role in our industry and we highly respect all of their pioneering work. But apparently the growers are looking for an alternative that we can offer them."
Yuksel seeds will be exhibiting at the GrowTech Eurasia, from 2-5 December, at the Expo Center in Antalya, Turkey.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Ample supplies of Mexican bell and mini peppers
- 2022-01-25 "Around Christmas, we were too short of regional lamb's lettuce to meet the demand"
- 2022-01-25 Swiss vertical farming pilot plant in operation
- 2022-01-20 Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- 2022-01-20 "Our facility can be customized based on your needs and type of crop"
- 2022-01-20 Couple from the Bahamas now focus on yellow pepper farming in Rwanda
- 2022-01-20 "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
- 2022-01-19 Crespo assures that greenhouse cultivation is the Circular Economy Law's 'greatest ally'
- 2022-01-19 Norway: New 15.000m2 farm to supply the country’s 5 biggest cities
- 2022-01-17 Status of Almeria's greenhouse crops
- 2022-01-17 CAN: Continuing farm expansion and accelerating industry growth through consulting
- 2022-01-13 US vertical farm secures $150 million credit facility
- 2022-01-10 Bulgaria sees vegetable prices going up
- 2022-01-10 Efficient, automated cultivation system
- 2022-01-10 Rolling out three new farms in the UK
- 2022-01-10 Veggiemight team elected 'fair play team' in the International Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-01-07 "I was amazed at the way greenhouses took advantage of the sun's natural energy to produce food without harming the planet"
- 2022-01-06 "Greenhouse sector always on the lookout for alternatives to chemical crop protection"
- 2022-01-06 Singapore: Two news farms on their way, one fully powered by solar
- 2022-01-03 Hokkaido mangoes, grown with hot spring heat, debut overseas