- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- Pricing strong--and possibly strengthening--on onions
- “There’s a high demand from China for Egyptian oranges, especially for Valencia”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Special Fruit and BUD Holland introduce powder-free figs
For many years now Special Fruit and BUD Holland have imported Brazilian figs from Euroconte Exp Imp Ltda. According to legal quality requirements any form of visible residue is prohibited, including the traditional white powder on figs.
But now Euroconte’s co-owner, Sérgio Silveira together with the Euroconte team, have developed an alternative that eliminates the visible white powder, while still protecting the figs from diseases.
"This has resulted in better looking figs, more natural and purer than ever before with a competitive shelf-life," said the importers in press release. GroentenFruit Huis, an organisation for the Dutch fruit and vegetable sector, states on its website that the German inspection services will have consistent enforcement in Europe and will agree a required plan of action with a number of interested importers to ensure the supply Brazilian figs through agreed cultivation measures.
Euroconte’s figs are typically of the Brown Turkey/Roxo de Valinhos variety, and are sold in boxes containing three trays of eight figs each. The figs are available from end week 45, beginning of week 46.
Euroconte is currently one of the very few BSCI-certified suppliers in Brazil for both figs and ginger and takes its social and environmental responsibilities seriously policies. The company operates at the forefront of initiatives aimed at ending child labour, improving working conditions, anchoring worker's rights and supporting communities in areas where such support is needed (e.g. homeless children).
For more information:
Tel. + 32-317-0660
Bud Holland BV
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Ready to supply ginger to the US market after years of success in Canada
- 2022-01-18 PlantTech institute looks into kiwifruit orchard stress
- 2022-01-18 Torrevieja growers choose to produce dragon fruit
- 2022-01-18 Chinese kiwis make their debut in the Chilean market
- 2022-01-18 Rwanda well-positioned to capture EU market share for passion fruit
- 2022-01-18 Lepe joins the fever for white strawberries
- 2022-01-18 Egyptian government approves export of products from 3,000 new farms
- 2022-01-18 France: Avocados grown in Pyrénées-Orientales
- 2022-01-18 The situation of Vietnamese pitaya fruit exports to China is grim
- 2022-01-18 Mainland China continues to be the largest export market for its agricultural products
- 2022-01-18 Cold and rain may halve Kesar mango production in Gujarat
- 2022-01-17 Western Australian avocados smashing it in Japan
- 2022-01-17 Avocados among Mexican products with highest demand in the US
- 2022-01-17 Kenya: Vigilantes hired to combat gangs that steal avocados
- 2022-01-17 Increased ginger production overseas limits the export of Chinese ginger
- 2022-01-17 Taiwan applies zero customs tariffs to 25 kinds of import products from Honduras
- 2022-01-17 Persimmon acreage increases threefold in Fergana region of Uzbekistan
- 2022-01-17 "Low-priced Thai ginger takes over from Chinese ginger in Southeast Asian markets"
- 2022-01-17 "Chinese import ban on Taiwanese pineapples may not have a significant impact on the market conditions of domestic pineapples"
- 2022-01-14 Second avocado processing facility opened, in state-owned Yirgalem Agro-processing Park