- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- Pricing strong--and possibly strengthening--on onions
- “There’s a high demand from China for Egyptian oranges, especially for Valencia”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Fresh Markets Australia amends Hort. Code of Conduct
As part of its detailed submission on the Code review, FMA provided a marked-up version of the Code which included some revisions, some deletions and some additions.
FMA executive Director Andrew Young said the organisation wanted to demonstrate to growers, its own wholesaler/trader members and the review panel that it had conducted a thorough review of the Code and had a positive alternative.
“As part of our activity around the Code review, FMA has been meeting with federal and state politicians across Australia to table our amended Code and discuss the issues which we say must be addressed to ensure a more equitable structure for growers and traders,” Mr Young said.
“We have now also contacted grower organisations around the country to offer face-to-face briefings on our proposed Code to see if we can reach common ground on the desired outcomes.
“FMA expects to meet with a range of grower organisations over the next few weeks as we await the tabling of the review panel’s report to the federal government, due in November.”
Mr Young said that while the FMA may remain critical of the activities and statements of some grower organisations, it was committed to working with growers and their representatives to establish a better Code.
For further information:
Fresh Markets Australia
Tel: +61 (0)7 3915 4200
or +61 (0)438 388 411
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 The GCA asks for produce suppliers' views on experience with UK's large groceries retailers
- 2022-01-12 Boris's thugs...
- 2022-01-05 Miyryam Servet Mustafa is the new managing director of Multivac Bulgaria Production EOOD
- 2022-01-05 Freshfel Europe optimistic for 2022 to progressively fill the gap of consumption
- 2022-01-04 Emma Lees appointed HortNZ future director for 2022
- 2021-12-24 A year on post Brexit - what does it all mean?
- 2021-12-22 Fruit Industry sector hit by steep cost increases
- 2021-12-20 Chilean and Brazilian fruit producers and exporters seek joint solutions to face common challenges
- 2021-12-20 New Zealand Apples and Pears appoints two new associate directors
- 2021-12-17 Wholesale Produce Supply announces additions to its board of directors
- 2021-12-17 The Chain Law reform enters into force today
- 2021-12-17 Freshfel Europe urges the sector to act now to fill the gap in consumption with minimum health recommendation
- 2021-12-17 Australia: Industry welcomes $87.2M investment to implement the Ag Visa
- 2021-12-17 Growers best placed to decide own R&D
- 2021-12-14 Funding for Ombudsman key to levelling horticulture industry playing field
- 2021-12-13 Hectre establishes dual hemisphere R&D teams to meet demand
- 2021-12-09 Caterers and restaurants see boost in public trust following pandemic
- 2021-12-09 Florida Citrus Mutual names next CEO: G. Mathew Joyner
- 2021-12-08 Belarus bans European, American and other Western fruit and vegetable imports
- 2021-12-02 Trade between the Western Cape and UK is still positive