- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Anyone for a stoneless avocado?
- Critical juncture for lemons & grapefruit as soft citrus flies off the shelves
- "Large avocado volumes expected this summer"
- “The temperature contrasts in the mountains help make our blueberries unique”
- Amondel Pakkers revel in their new bespoke high-speed avocado packline
Top 5 -last month
Aussie growers optimistic about cherry season
Fiona Hall from Caernarvon Cherries, has said it should be a bumper crop this year.
"We're only just seeing the fruit set now and it looks like it's going to be a very good crop right across the Orange," Hall said.
Its too early to tell about varieties as they are still in full bloom, but the fruit should become apparent in the next few days. Generally there is about 2 weeks of full bloom and Hall said that during those two weeks, "We need warm nights and warm days so the bees get busy pollinating."
However, due to later bloom this year, harvesting will be around a week later than normal.
Caernarvon Charried has eight different varieties on this farm and they pack for about 20 growers from Griffith, Mudgee, Wellington and all the districts around Orange.
Generally they pack around 1,000 tonne but this year they are hoping to pack around 1,300 tonne, with the Australian crops looking to be around 1,600 tonne.
Hall fears that there will be an oversupply of cherries, so it's important they keep working with the government in trying to open up new markets and maintaining markets.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-28 Increased demand for larger strawberry packs
- 2020-05-28 Harvest of early peach varieties has started in Greece
- 2020-05-28 "Keuthmann takes care of the special expectations put upon our raw materials"
- 2020-05-28 USDA fruit prices - Economic Research Service Fruit and Tree Nuts
- 2020-05-27 New trio of nectarine brands aims to excite the consumer
- 2020-05-27 'Confronting Climate Change': Industry benchmark numbers
- 2020-05-26 Frost damage could reduce Hungarian fruit harvest by 40%
- 2020-05-26 Apple prices in Poland up by 94% due to coronavirus crisis
- 2020-05-26 Serbia selling more apples to the UK and Middle East and less to Russia
- 2020-05-26 Price of earliest Moldovan cherries not expected to be high
- 2020-05-26 Experts predict reduction of fruit yield in Russia
- 2020-05-22 "The pandemic has had a significant impact on production costs"
- 2020-05-22 Argentina’s fruit fly free areas export fresh fruit to China
- 2020-05-19 Berry producers in northern Moldova hit by frosts
- 2020-05-19 China’s ‘cherry freedom’ vanishes as consumers rethink their spending habits
- 2020-05-18 Ontario fruit growers adapt to labour challenges
- 2020-05-15 Apples in Poland are 94% more expensive than last year
- 2020-05-15 Polish strawberries sold for very high prices
- 2020-05-15 Russia has become the main destination for Argentinian pears
- 2020-05-14 Best grape crop in three years signals full recovery after prolonged drought