- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Great market opportunities for Israeli Herbs
Herb prices are very stable compared to other fruit and vegetables. There are winter and summer prices, however, unusually hot weather in Italy has made for an unusual situation. Three years ago their production would have been focused on imports this time of year, but the weather has meant that Italy is still producing for the European market.
This situation has had an affect on Israeli herb exports. "However, the winter season is nearing and temperatures are dropping in Germany and Italy which are strong and competitive markets. Once the weather changes, imports from Israel and Africa will start to increase. Germany is a big market for chives and basil, so once Italian production slows, they can enter the market. On the other side, unique export products such as sea vegetables (Salicornia), and sea weeds amongst others, are in very high demand," shares Yehonatan Kedem. "One of the Kedem Galprie main products are the sea vegetables and we see a large increase of sales and interest".
A lot of growers located in Kenya and Ethiopia are actually Israeli, which means that they are using the same high technology which makes them competitive to Israel. They have been able to establish themselves with certain items, but they are still experiencing problems with basil, a very sensitive herb, which Israel is better equipped to deal with. "African prices are very attractive to customers which means that it tends to be preferred. High quality is important to Israeli production and is what gives it the competitive edge against the lower African prices".
"More people are coming in contact with items that they hadn't before. Companies in Holland have done a great job of introducing new items and new herb varieties into the market. Microgreens, sea vegetables, and edible flowers are really growing in popularity. In general, people are looking for new products that they can offer to supermarkets and customers.
Salicornia, which is very common in the UK, is starting to be offered in Scandinavia and Germany. Business is becoming more inter-market and orders are increasing."
For more information:
Tel: +972 8940 1680 ext. 3
Fax: +972 8940 1521
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 "Many farmers are uprooting their aloe vera plantations because of the industry focusing on the imported powdered product"
- 2022-01-19 Dutch online supermarket now offers vertically farmed greens
- 2022-01-12 Changing demand for fresh herbs in Sweden
- 2022-01-11 "We are pioneers in Europe in the organic production of Kaffir lime leaf"
- 2022-01-06 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2021-12-23 "We want to make Herb.ERT interesting for any kitchen"
- 2021-12-21 "Nice demand for cut herbs, pot herb market in winter slump"
- 2021-12-17 2021 not a bad year for fresh herbs
- 2021-12-14 Lower prices for aromatic herb exports from Georgia
- 2021-12-09 Florette enters the fresh herb market with the launch of washed and ready-to-eat coriander
- 2021-12-02 "We now offer around 85 potted herbs from our own nursery"
- 2021-11-19 Organto lists “I AM Organic” branded fresh cut organic herbs with Gorillas
- 2021-11-18 "There are still not many companies working with aromatic herbs"
- 2021-11-16 Organic aromatic herb market on the up
- 2021-11-12 "At -5°C it already becomes problematic for the Saarland dandelion"
- 2021-11-03 German restaurants are growing their own produce
- 2021-10-29 Bonduelle introduces PGI rocket from the Sele plain on the Italian market
- 2021-10-22 Les Herbes Gourmandes: $11.7M in financing from BDC and FCC to double production area
- 2021-10-19 Former owner of Florida produce business sentenced to prison for tax evasion
- 2021-10-12 "Great demand for cress, wild herb salads and organic sprouts in hospitality industry"