- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW STRAWBERRIES
- Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- Honduras import melon season underway
- Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- "If you can guarantee quality throughout the chain, you significantly reduce food waste"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Healthy food, farming tops agenda at LEAF conference
A wide range of speakers from across the food, farming and research sectors will set out their vision and offer tangible, integrated solutions that will enable the industry to think creatively and decisively about how to balance the competing pressures and demands on the global food system.
Dame Professor Anne Glover, Vice Principal for External Affairs and Dean for Europe, University of Aberdeen and former Chief Scientific Adviser to the President of the European Commission, will give the key note speech and will be joined by Meurig Raymond, President of the NFU; Judith Batchelar OBE, Director of Sainsbury's Brand; Sara Eppel, Head, Innovative and Sustainable Farming at Defra; Jake Freestone, LEAF Demonstration Farmer; Stephen Fell, LEAF Chairman and Caroline Drummond MBE, LEAF Chief Executive. BBC Presenter, Tom Heap will chair a debate in the afternoon looking at some of the key issues in more detail.
Caroline Drummond, MBE LEAF Chief Executive, says: “Technology, science, innovation and strong public engagement will be essential in order for the food and farming industry to address the challenges of climate change, a growing population and urbanisation in developing countries, burgeoning health issues and immense pressures on our natural resources.”
“Many of the changes that need to take place to achieve more sustainable food and farming will require trade-offs and a more effective way of strengthening our dialogue with the general public. We need to be bold, have strong leadership and be ambitious for setting the agenda in order to take our food and farming sector forward so that it is healthy, robust, resilient and fit for the future. LEAF’S Annual Conference gives us all a chance to discuss and explore these important issues together.”
LEAF’s Annual Conference, kindly supported by HSBC, takes place at the HSBC Headquarters, Canary Wharf on Tuesday 3rd November, and comes as LEAF approaches its 25th anniversary year in 2016. To follow the conference on Twitter follow #LEAFconf15.
For more information:
Raman Sahota/ David Gough
Tel: +44 (0)1189 475 956+44 (0)1189 475 956
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 France: The 2022 International Agricultural Show will take place
- 2022-01-20 Demo for hydroponic lettuce varieties
- 2022-01-19 New date set for Brassica & Leafy Salad Conference
- 2022-01-18 Aquafarm fair postponed by three months
- 2022-01-17 "If all people play by the rules, it can work"
- 2022-01-17 Trade fair implementation severely jeopardized due to current events
- 2022-01-14 Macfrut - bookings as expected
- 2022-01-10 Industry leaders to be honored at TIPA banquet
- 2022-01-07 Fruit Matchmaking Mexico-Europe to be held on January 19 and 20
- 2022-01-05 Ecuador will convene a Latin American banana summit on January 12
- 2022-01-05 Agritrade’s 20th edition will be an in-person event
- 2022-01-04 Valencia will host the I International Citrus Congress
- 2021-12-24 Happy Holidays from the FreshPlaza team!
- 2021-12-24 Happy Christmas from the FreshPlaza team!!
- 2021-12-20 "The Federal Association of Producer Organizations will not participate"
- 2021-12-17 Macfrut aims at the African continent
- 2021-12-17 Two content packed days for MedFEL
- 2021-12-15 The NovelFarm fair is to be held again in February
- 2021-12-13 Industry workshop in Spain showcases avocado meter
- 2021-12-09 Rectification of article on UK ethylene supplier