Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Nicaragua imports onions to stabilize prices

According to an official, Nicaragua began receiving the first containers of imported onions, a total of 48,800 quintals, authorized by the government in order to keep product prices in the country stable.

"This week we will be receiving containers of imported onions that will stabilize the price in the domestic market", Orlando Solorzano, Minister of Development, Industry and Trade (MIFIC) told reporters.

Last June, Nicaragua authorized the importation of these quintals of onions for the second half of the year.

According to official data, the country annually produces about 440,000 quintals of onions, i.e. 90% of the domestic consumption. The remaining 10% is imported between June and November, under regulation from the MIFIC.


Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber