- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Onions Australia conference
All onion eyes on Victoria in October
The two-day conference will be held on October 15 and 16 in the Victorian capital, after venturing to Brisbane last year.
The highlights of this year’s event include the presentation of the Reg Miller Award for outstanding contribution to the industry, a breakfast tour of the new Epping wholesale market and a mini tradeshow.
Growers and industry representatives from throughout Australia will attend the conference, which will also feature the Onions Australia AGM, a series of industry updates, plus a networking session. The Onions Australia Executive Committee will also hold a meeting during the conference.
All meetings will be held at The Grand Hotel, in the CBD, while the Reg Miller Awards dinner will be held at The Wharf Hotel.
Onions Australia chairperson Kees Versteeg said there was a host of industry information to be presented during the conference, which would open with a networking drinks session at 5pm on October 15 at The Grand Hotel.
“We are looking forward to kicking off our conference with a networking session for all delegates to attend, providing a sociable introduction for new members and the opportunity to catch up with industry leaders,” he said.
“The next day will start with a tour of the new wholesale market at Epping to give growers an insight into how the new market operates, before we head back to The Grand Hotel for a series of presentations.
“The afternoon session will include a mini tradeshow and close with the Reg Miller Awards dinner at The Wharf Hotel.
Mr Versteeg thanked the conference sponsors, with key industry partners Dobmac, J-Tech Systems, Terranova Seeds, AgNova, Bejo Seeds, Entello, Melbourne Market Authority, The Grand Hotel, Enza Zaden and Seminis all sponsoring this year’s event.
For more information:
Tel: +61 0458 11 11 26
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-09-30 Nicaragua imports onions to stabilize prices
- 2015-09-22 All onion eyes on Victoria in October
- 2015-09-21 Egypt: Onion exports 19% up in first five months of 2015
- 2015-09-17 New season Queensland onions on shelves by October
- 2015-09-15 The onion market is like the AEX, with the right mood, it goes well
- 2015-09-15 Onion prices in the EU significantly higher than last year
- 2015-09-14 High export demand contributes to strong onion market
- 2015-09-10 California onion season winds down, Northwest ramps up
- 2015-09-09 "Onion sector to take technological turn over next few years"
- 2015-09-01 Health promoting compounds in local onions from Italy and Ukraine
- 2014-09-30 Panama could restrict imports of onions at harvest time
- 2014-09-30 Argentina: The area planted with garlic in Mendoza increased by 28%
- 2014-09-29 Gordon Ramsay uses massive Leicestershire onion to create an eye-watering dish
- 2014-09-25 Out with the old and in with the new season, fresh & mild Queensland onions
- 2014-09-22 New World’s Biggest Onion is an eye-watering sight
- 2014-09-19 Which way is the onion market going?
- 2014-09-18 Italy: Short day onions - good perspectives for the ongoing campaign
- 2014-09-16 Spain: Onion prices at origin drop as low as 5 cents per kilo
- 2014-09-15 Spain: Oversupply drives onion prices down 25%
- 2014-09-10 Tabaski festival will provide the necessary orders for onions