- Head Grower - USA
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Sales Manager
- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
Top 5 -last month
Intelligent packaging growing at huge rate
Intelligent packaging is growing at a faster rate as compared to the active packaging. Customers prefer traceable food and beverages packaging, since it offers information such as expiry date and best use period, present state of the consumables. The radio frequency identification (RFID) tags keep customers informed about the state of the food within the packaging. Intelligent packaging is mostly used for fruits and vegetables, meat products, and beverages. Stricter regulations associated with active packaging have been stimulating the use of intelligent packaging in Europe and North America.
Intelligent packaging in the U.S. is growing mainly due to the increasing demand for fresh fruits and vegetables. Americans are shifting their breakfast preference from junk foods to fresh alternatives. The U.S. is one of the largest producers and exporters of cherries globally. With the ease in trade regulations, fruit exports of the U.S. have increased. In September 2011, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced that after ten years of negotiations, U.S. cherries can be exported to Western Australia, one of the most important markets for cherries. The increasing demand for intelligent packaging in international trade (especially in fruits) is laying out opportunities for this technology in food packaging.
Click here to read more at nanotech-now.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-06-30 Laser labels might be heading to US
- 2015-06-29 Crates often not clean enough after washing
- 2015-06-26 New packaging for ready-to-eat foods introduced
- 2015-06-26 rPETeCO: multi-functional packaging
- 2015-06-25 IFCO RPC system reduces material requirements, waste
- 2015-06-24 Sustainability award for innovative mushroom containers
- 2015-06-24 Anthem amplifies Zespri branding
- 2015-06-23 Edible plastic to help solve packaging waste?
- 2015-06-23 "Fruit in portion packaging easier at computer"
- 2015-06-22 New packaging tech for summer apple program
- 2015-06-22 Canada's crop analyzing machinery
- 2015-06-19 US (IL): Com-Pac to introduce gps tracker
- 2015-06-18 Productivity more than just speed
- 2015-06-17 Prolong® packaging successfully extends tomato shelf life
- 2015-06-16 Jasa Packaging Systems celebrates 30 years with demo week
- 2015-06-15 Corrugated packaging: benchmark for versatility
- 2015-06-15 NZ mushroom company first to use new compostable packaging
- 2015-06-12 New bag filling machine unveiled at Victam 2015
- 2015-06-11 Intelligent packaging growing at huge rate
- 2015-06-11 UK: Keep fruit fresh from field to factory