- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Anyone for a stoneless avocado?
- Critical juncture for lemons & grapefruit as soft citrus flies off the shelves
- "Large avocado volumes expected this summer"
- “The temperature contrasts in the mountains help make our blueberries unique”
- Amondel Pakkers revel in their new bespoke high-speed avocado packline
Top 5 -last month
Jamaica: $1.4 mn to revitalize banana industry
The government said in a statement that starting April 1, one square mile of land (381 hectares) will be planted with the fruit and support will be provided to farmers in the area.
The revitalization project for the Jamaican banana industry began in September 2013 when it began receiving funds from the European Union.
It is expected that the project will continue until March 2017 in order to "combat poverty and improve revenues in communities dependent on banana production."
Furthermore, the government will use the funds to increase its efforts to develop banana production for export, provide on-farm infrastructure support, implement a new credit scheme to support banana production and continue to develop new market opportunities for banana farmers.
As of December 2014, banana production in Jamaica had increased by 21.7 percent and 1,400 farmers had received training in improving crop production and controlling crop diseases like Black Sigatoka, according to government data.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-29 Demand for bananas remains uncertain
- 2020-05-29 Chinese banana supply exceeds market demand
- 2020-05-29 Biodegradable PATI bags to protect bunches of bananas on trial in South Africa
- 2020-05-28 ICA monitors musaceae plantations in Caldas against the moko and the Fusarium
- 2020-05-28 'A breakthrough in the search for banana varieties, resistant to the lethal bacterial banana wilt disease'
- 2020-05-27 New partnership to examine use of boron in fighting Black Sigatoka
- 2020-05-26 Canadian banana supplier wins Excellence in Producer Partnerships prize
- 2020-05-26 New report shows that banana sector is ready for more sustainabililty
- 2020-05-26 'Philippines set to become world's second-largest banana exporter in next nine years'
- 2020-05-26 'Banana-COVID' – Fusarium Wilt TR4 in India
- 2020-05-26 “Vietnamese banana price is at the bottom at the moment”
- 2020-05-26 Australia: Carnarvon banana growers and mid-west farmers seek storm compensation
- 2020-05-26 India: Winds damage banana crop in Gobichettipalayam
- 2020-05-26 Ecuadorian banana exports increased between January and March 2020
- 2020-05-25 The curfew in Peru impacts organic banana exports
- 2020-05-22 Ecuadorian banana exports increase during the first quarter of 2020
- 2020-05-21 Market in part of banana production areas in/around China picking up
- 2020-05-21 Peruvian organic banana exports continue despite the pandemic
- 2020-05-20 Hundreds of acres of bananas damaged in Tiruchy, Pudukai
- 2020-05-19 ‘Growers should report any banana disease’