Top 5 -yesterday
- California stone fruit growers remain watchful following recent rains
- Seven produce industry trends of 2022
- Tshwane market closed in crackdown on non-compliances with labor and immigration law
- "Export price of Chinese ginger increased by nearly 30% compared to last month"
- "I can't remember when Brix levels have ever been as high"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
Antwerp-based logistics provider opens US office
Following the co-operation announced in October 2012 between foodcareplus and Universal Logistics Solutions International, a 100% subsidiary of the NASDAQ listed Universal Truckload Services Inc. (UTSI), the new sales support department will further integrate the comprehensive door-to-door international shipping that offers customers a significantly simplified shipping process as well as cost efficiencies. In addition, the regulatory compliance and supply chain advisory service package and a bulk frozen product rail service will be officially launched.
Stringent customs, quality and regulatory requirements, especially with the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), apply throughout the international transport of perishables into the United States. The regulatory compliance and supply chain advisory service assists exporters developing operating procedures, including rulings with U.S. Customs and other regulatory bodies. With foodcareplus, customers have one go-to partner with the expertise to help take care of all international documentation. The foodcareplus systems also offer true interconnectivity throughout the entire shipping process. As a result, customers enjoy simplified accountability, visibility and tracking.
In addition, foodcareplus brings the benefits of shipping through the Port of Antwerp to U.S.-based customers. foodcareplus is headquartered in Antwerp, which is the most important European port on the transatlantic route. From Antwerp, foodcareplus has access to the largest reefer supply in Europe.
The bulk frozen rail service will allow exporters to ship large quantities of frozen products such as meat and dairy products from the Midwest and other remote areas to the coastal areas for further shipping to the East and West.
Using several consolidation points, shippers may benefit cost efficiencies and more shipping capacity.
“Later this year, foodcareplus will commence its less than container load service from Antwerp into the United States bringing new innovative shipping solutions to the market”, advised Steve Alaerts, director Marketing and Sales with foodcareplus.
For more information:
Tel: +32 (0)3 242 91 54
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Federal Maritime Commission chair calls on carriers to pay for container storage
- 2022-08-10 Shipping container lines will break last year’s profit record
- 2022-08-10 Felixstowe port workers to strike after pay rise talks stalemate
- 2022-08-09 'Motorists could drive lorries without extra test'
- 2022-08-09 Shipping jam negatively affects exports
- 2022-08-09 Maersk Costa Rica Express to make first call at DP World Southampton
- 2022-08-09 Container shortage raises freight costs to Brazil
- 2022-08-09 Cathay Pacific Cargo resumes Queensland-Hong Kong service
- 2022-08-09 Bangladesh: Severe fuel price hike leads to unofficial trucker strike
- 2022-08-09 Port of Rotterdam Authority provides insight into waiting times for container ships
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 "We see applications for our collapsible containers everywhere along the supply chain"
- 2022-08-09 Hapag-Lloyd LIVE: installations for real-time tracking of standard containers starts in August
- 2022-08-08 European road transport prices break new records
- 2022-08-08 Shipping line profits continue to rise
- 2022-08-08 LatAm adds a fourth freighter as part of its growth plan
- 2022-08-08 Schedule reliability improves to 40% in June 2022
- 2022-08-08 Workers at UK's biggest container port to strike for eight days
- 2022-07-22 Major container carriers to raise peak-season levy for India-US trades
- 2022-07-22 How to turn shipping emissions into food for plants