Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Fruit and vegetables grown in Senegal, sold in Europe

Melons, watermelons, courgettes, tomatoes, pumpkins…. all of these are grown 70 km outside of Dakar for the European market.

One very large farm producing these fruit and vegetables is on the route to Pambal. They have 70 farmable hectares that are worked on by 200 full time employees, of which some are Spanish. The full time workers are helped by 1,200 seasonal workers to achieve the annual production of 4 million kilograms of fruit and vegetables. 80% of this production is destined for export. Europe is the main destination, notably Spain, Italy and Holland, via Mauritania and Morocco. The remaining 20% is for the local market. Mustafa Fall, the farm Manager hopes to expand such an experience in other regions of Senegal. 

Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber