Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- ‘Starch found in bananas can reduce some cancers by more than half’
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
Harvest of Health Christmas range
Harvest of Health is the premium brand of the largest Dutch producer organization, Harvest House. To make the retailer’s shelves look a bit more festive during the month of December, a special Christmas vine hanger has been developed. With this, all boxes get a unique look, all in a Christmassy theme. Harvest of Health is available year-round, comprising three special, distinctive products. The vine tomatoes, cocktail tomatoes and mini cherry vine tomatoes. The tomatoes are known for their full, sweet flavour and lovely deep red colour. To give the consumer some extra inspiration for the Christmas dinner, recipe cards and posters were developed in Christmas style. These recipe cards and posters can be found at the many greengrocers where Harvest of Health is available. By providing the promotional material, the Harvest of Health growers want to help the retailer bring the spirit of Christmas into the store.
The Speciality mushrooms are currently appearing in an inspiring and festive Fresh Harvest package. Eryngy, trumpet mushroom, horse mushroom and wild mix are all offered in this packaging. All packages feature a delicious recipe, referring to the Fresh Harvest website, where additional recipes and information can be found on these special mushrooms.
Soup and meal packages
Soup is known as the number 1 starter in the Netherlands. Soup is often served during the holidays as well. The Fresh Harvest soup range features a delicious pumpkin or onion soup, for instance. The ratatouille package can also be used to serve a tasty and healthy side dish for Christmas dinner. All packages are available under the Fresh Harvest label, and featuring inspiring photography in addition to clear recipe descriptions.
The Dutch strawberry winter season is about to start. The Winter Exquise strawberry is characterized by its shape, size and the premium quality, guaranteed to be outstanding. The Winter Exquise, the so-called ‘kings of winter’, are strawberries from illuminated cultivation. They are high-quality strawberries, and have an unusually high brix value. The strawberries are grown under illumination, and find their way mainly to greengrocers. Partly thanks to the health trend, and the trend that sees consumers wanting to treat themselves more with tasty food, the flavourful strawberry is gaining ground.
Commissioned by Greenco, known for the Tommies brand, Nedupack Thermoforming B.V. has produced shaker lids this year which, combined with the printed Christmas shakers, make for a true Christmas look in national and international retail. These are red and green translucent PET lids. The Tommies have been focusing on their Christmas packaging for a number of years now, for the regular retail and wholesale customers. The packaging details have been adjusted, and is now available in three languages. The Christmas packages still boost sales, according to Greenco.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means of ozone in the packaging
- 2022-08-11 UK supermarket food might soon carry eco-labels
- 2022-08-08 Launch of themed packaging for exotic fruit line
- 2022-08-08 KM Packaging appoints Frances Busby as Managing Director
- 2022-08-08 Packaging potatoes in paper: rational environmental or emotional consumer choice?
- 2022-07-20 Driscoll’s (and its suppliers) propel thermoform recycling
- 2022-07-18 Congress launches campaign against Bharatiya Janata Party from Himachal’s apple belt
- 2022-07-15 Maf Roda expands their footprint in South Africa’s Citrusdal citrus production region
- 2022-07-15 New 150 and 300 g soft fruit packs with lids
- 2022-07-15 "Laser perforation successfully extends fresh products' shelf life"
- 2022-07-15 Fully recyclable sustainable modified atmosphere packaging solutions for shelf life extension of fresh produce
- 2022-07-15 Sormapaper Vertbag uses raw materials from renewable sources and offers possibility of correct disposal
- 2022-07-14 Aam Admi Party demands rollback of GST on apple cartons in Himachal Pradesh
- 2022-07-14 Cool Chain Association member Challenge Group completes first technical committee project trialling new label for perishables
- 2022-07-13 KX Food launches new compostable packaging line
- 2022-07-11 Developing sustainable packaging for CEA-produced leafy greens
- 2022-07-08 “According to research the consumer will always choose board over plastic"
- 2022-07-08 DaColheita packaging innovations presented at IFPA Meeting in Fortaleza
- 2022-07-06 New sustainable label for clementine line
- 2022-07-06 FEFCO releases scientific studies comparing recyclable and reusable packaging solutions