Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Tight banana supplies push up pricing
Heat treatment for citrus greening
The TreeSteamer© can be used in many ways to perform sanitation and mitigation operations for citrus greening and other citrus diseases. Heat treating citrus is a success and steam heat treating trees with greening will give growers a chance to treat 24/7 and any time during the year whether in hot or cold months. The TreeSteamer© components work together to perform the task of heating the trunk, limbs and leaves and or fruit to a level that kills the greening disease and any other unknown pathogens that hinder citrus fruit production.
The fruits are growing bigger and sweeter with more solids as we can see in the picture above.
The unit will work in organic citrus production by giving organic growers more caretaking options to handle citrus pests.
The TreeSteamer© can handle different size steam tunnels for continuous flow or batch operations. It has the ability to lift the steam tunnel off a line of tree’s while in motion. The steam tunnel can be detached in a couple of minutes and the TreeSteamer© reloaded with a different size tunnel up to 40 feet long and 20 wide for much larger trees
For more information:
Tel: +1 941-497-3400
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 The Uruguayan Citrus Consortium and GIG sign agreement to evaluate, develop, and market Uruguayan citrus fruits in the Mediterranean basin
- 2022-08-12 2022/23 Brazilian orange crop still predicted to rise
- 2022-08-12 Wendan enters a prolific period in Taiwan, targeting Canada and other countries
- 2022-08-11 South African government negotiates a settlement with the European Union to clear citrus blocked in EU ports
- 2022-08-11 South African citrus exports up 7% mid-season despite global industry challenges
- 2022-08-10 'Major milestone for Australian Delite mandarins'
- 2022-08-10 First US detection of citrus yellow vein clearing virus
- 2022-08-10 "Our job is to obtain a better lime than other countries or other conventional suppliers are offering"
- 2022-08-10 Great opportunities for Australian agri exports in Bangladesh
- 2022-08-10 Brazil’s central region citrus season finishing with last month of tangerine harvest
- 2022-08-10 "Phyto-barrier causing headaches for Dutch citrus importers"
- 2022-08-09 China suspends various fruit imports from Taiwan
- 2022-08-09 Save Foods builds momentum with Mexican lime exporters
- 2022-08-09 Tahiti lemon experimented with to combat fungal disease
- 2022-08-09 Ghana: Orange growers hopeful of bountiful yield
- 2022-08-09 The Valencian Community expects a 10% decrease in the next citrus harvest
- 2022-08-09 "How should I react to the new European regulations on South African citrus?"
- 2022-08-09 Gamtoos River Valley growers buckle under sixth year of strict water quotas
- 2022-08-09 Egypt remains the world’s largest orange exporter
- 2022-08-08 Save Foods prepares for citrus season in Turkey