Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Tight banana supplies push up pricing
PMA submits comments on final FSMA proposals
“Our main priority is to assure that when these regulations are finalized and implemented they will best serve public health and our industry’s food safety needs,” says PMA’s Dr. Jim Gorny, vice president of food safety and technology. “These proposed FSMA rules will have profound business implications on every aspect of the global produce supply chain – they have to be right.”
Gorny added that once the FDA reviews all the comments submitted, they’ll revise their proposal and issue a final rule which will include an exact timeline for implementation. He said, “Now, PMA’s staff team with the help of our member volunteers will turn its focus on implementation of these rules and what that means for the industry. You can expect more information and guidance from PMA in the months to follow.”
Until then, industry members can visit PMA’s FSMA Resource Center on pma.com for the comments in their entirety, along with additional details on each of the proposed rules.
For more information, visit www.pma.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Elections cause delays at Port of Mombasa
- 2022-08-08 "Is it our responsibility to create a new leadership generation?"
- 2022-07-21 EU’s fruit processing industry rings alarm over burden of cost increases
- 2022-07-19 Moldovan agricultural products: Council adopts temporary trade liberalisation measures
- 2022-07-01 Zespri welcomes EU-FTA signing
- 2022-06-29 Business defaults in Asia up 60% compared to 2021
- 2022-06-28 From the ordering app to the eCommerce operating system
- 2022-06-28 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-06-15 Labor's changes to PALM scheme may not solely address ag workforce issues, according to Minister
- 2022-06-14 KZN Growth Coalition welcome's Transnet's restoration of flood-damaged economic infrastructure
- 2022-06-13 Ukrainian president announces duty-free regime with UK
- 2022-06-09 President Biden to nominate Chief Ag Trade Negotiator well-known to USApple
- 2022-06-03 Lang Son speeding up customs clearance for fresh fruit
- 2022-06-03 Vietnam: Border province to set up virus-free zones to aid exports
- 2022-06-02 Experts warn Britain is one shock away from a food crisis
- 2022-05-30 Western Cape launches Africa Agriculture Strategy
- 2022-05-26 Soil Association Certification appoints new CEO
- 2022-05-26 Tree-Boring Beetle could cost South Africa $18.5 billion over the next decade
- 2022-05-18 "Agriculture must be the priority of the next government"
- 2022-05-17 IrriGò - a management system for smaller companies