- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Companies explore sustainable agriculture model
By combining COFCO’s industry chain model and Bayer CropScience’s innovative crop solutions, the joint efforts aim to explore new ways to practice sustainable agriculture, starting with tomato industry chain. In COFCO Tunhe’s production base, Bayer CropScience’s new tomato varieties and innovative technology will be adopted as good agricultural practices, for improved yield and quality and increased income for growers. And environment management in tomato production and storage will also be further optimized.
The cooperation will also include trainings and demonstrations on sustainable agriculture practices and technologies among tomato growers and technicians, and localization of global good agriculture practices.
Bayer CropScience Greater China Country Head Rob Hulme commented, “It takes a shared vision among all partners to build a sustainable industry. We are very happy to work with COFCO Tunhe on a sustainable model for tomato industry chain. Innovation is a key driver for sustainable development. By introducing our innovative seed-to-shelf solutions, we hope to improve tomato yield, quality and food safety, and hence benefit growers, consumers and partners in the industry chain.”
COFCO Tunhe Vice President Tianchi Yu remarked that COFCO has made solid progress in creating a sustainable model in the industry chain. COFCO Tunhe has actively participated Unilever Sustainable Living Plan, a global initiative by Unilever on sustainability, for four years. Many projects in the Plan have delivered impressive results. Today, our agreement with Bayer CropScience again demonstrates our commitment to sustainability and development in the whole industry chain. We look forward to working closely together to shape the sustainable development of food chain in China with a Seed-to-Shelf model.
For more information:
Yu DONG 董瑜
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent
- 2022-01-19 State agribusiness group CDC posts over XAF18 bln loss for 2020
- 2022-01-19 Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO
- 2022-01-19 Peel Ports named Port Operator of the Year for 2021 by UK Ports Directory
- 2022-01-18 Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- 2022-01-18 Horizon Logistics welcomes new general manager