- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Social media training big hit with fresh produce industry
The Fresh Produce Consortium hosted the seminar for members to demonstrate that social media is a low-cost and highly effective marketing tool for the fresh produce industry. Such was the success of the day that FPC plans to run more seminars in 2015.
“If you have the passion for your fresh produce brand then social media’s for you,” commented Dr Sarah-Jayne Gratton. “You can showcase your products in real time and it doesn’t have to cost you a penny.”
A third of the delegates attending the seminar had never used social media previously, but they were soon tweeting on the day.
Best-selling author of social media books ‘Follow Me’ and ‘Zero to 100,000’ Gratton told delegates to leave their fears behind: “Don’t be afraid to self-disclose – remember our emotions govern our actions.” While Gratton admitted that mastering social media is not a fast-track solution to increasing profits, it does have the power to build brand awareness. “It will increase the brand equity of any fresh produce business by raising awareness and over time, brand loyalty,” added Gratton.
In the four-hour session Gratton worked with delegates on getting the most out of what she considers to be the two key social media platforms for the industry, Twitter and LinkedIn.
“You need to identify with those people in the industry that you need to connect with and those you want to work with,” said Gratton. “Social media is your opportunity to incorporate a call to action to get those people to both notice and respond to you.”
For more information:
Fresh Produce Consortium
D +44 (0)1733 405792
M +44 (0)7584 995903
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 France: The 2022 International Agricultural Show will take place
- 2022-01-20 Demo for hydroponic lettuce varieties
- 2022-01-19 New date set for Brassica & Leafy Salad Conference
- 2022-01-18 Aquafarm fair postponed by three months
- 2022-01-17 "If all people play by the rules, it can work"
- 2022-01-17 Trade fair implementation severely jeopardized due to current events
- 2022-01-14 Macfrut - bookings as expected
- 2022-01-10 Industry leaders to be honored at TIPA banquet
- 2022-01-07 Fruit Matchmaking Mexico-Europe to be held on January 19 and 20
- 2022-01-05 Ecuador will convene a Latin American banana summit on January 12
- 2022-01-05 Agritrade’s 20th edition will be an in-person event
- 2022-01-04 Valencia will host the I International Citrus Congress
- 2021-12-24 Happy Holidays from the FreshPlaza team!
- 2021-12-24 Happy Christmas from the FreshPlaza team!!
- 2021-12-20 "The Federal Association of Producer Organizations will not participate"
- 2021-12-17 Macfrut aims at the African continent
- 2021-12-17 Two content packed days for MedFEL
- 2021-12-15 The NovelFarm fair is to be held again in February
- 2021-12-13 Industry workshop in Spain showcases avocado meter
- 2021-12-09 Rectification of article on UK ethylene supplier