Top 5 -yesterday
- California stone fruit growers remain watchful following recent rains
- "Export price of Chinese ginger increased by nearly 30% compared to last month"
- Seven produce industry trends of 2022
- Tshwane market closed in crackdown on non-compliances with labor and immigration law
- "I can't remember when Brix levels have ever been as high"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
Kroger: Efforts to promote healthy lifestyle
The forum, held at Bocconi University in Milan, Italy on December 3-4, was sponsored by the Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition Foundation, a think tank focused on the links between food and nutrition and other social, environmental and economic issues.
Ms. Marmer outlined the obesity challenge in the United States – where one-third of children eat "Fast Food" every day and 34% of all citizens are obese – and Kroger's efforts to promote healthy living for associates, customers and communities.
Kroger, the sixth-largest employer in the U.S., gives associates a variety of tools to improve their health, including an incentive program with measurable outcomes to improve workplace wellness.
Since 2010, employees participate in annual health screenings that measure blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, body mass index and blood glucose levels. The percentage of associates meeting targets in each of the four areas has increased from 2010 to 2013, demonstrating improvement in the health of Kroger's workforce.
Earlier this year, Kroger's workplace well-being program received a 'Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles' award from the National Business Group on Health, and the company's commitment to employee health and wellness was recognized by the American Heart Association.
Please visit www.kroger.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 KeHE expands its Aurora, Colorado distribution center
- 2022-08-10 Ahold Delhaize postponing plans for an initial public offering of Bol.com
- 2022-08-09 Les Mousquetaires has invested €28.5mln in Portugal
- 2022-08-09 Lidl US to open its first-ever location in Brooklyn
- 2022-08-08 Dollar General is increasing access to fruits and vegetables in Arkansas
- 2022-08-08 Alcampo has acquired 235 supermarkets and a warehouse from DIA
- 2022-07-22 M&S said it would acquire its key logistics services provider Gist Ltd
- 2022-07-22 7-Eleven slashed about 880 corporate jobs in the United States
- 2022-07-21 Ocado Group maintained its full-year outlook
- 2022-07-21 H-E-B opened an eCommerce fulfillment center
- 2022-07-20 Carrefour has announced it is to sell its 60% stake in Carrefour Taiwan
- 2022-07-20 Save A Lot is leveraging the RangeMe online product discovery platform
- 2022-07-19 Sainsbury’s: Return of the ‘Great fruit & veg challenge’ this summer
- 2022-07-19 GrubMarket has completed the acquisition of QF&V
- 2022-07-18 M&S is taking "best before" dates off more than 300 fruit and vegetable items
- 2022-07-18 First Natural Grocers site in South Dakota
- 2022-07-15 Amazon is creating more than 4,000 permanent jobs across the UK
- 2022-07-15 Amazon Fresh: First store location in New York
- 2022-07-14 Woolworths has unveiled Queensland’s first CFC
- 2022-07-14 Grand opening of Walmart's Pennsylvania e-commerce fulfillment center