Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- Brazilian melon grower and exporter charters own boats to Europe
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
Australian Exporter of the Year awarded
Speaking at the awards ceremony on November 27th Mr Robb said: “Exporter of the year, GP Graders – from my home-state of Victoria – should be especially proud of the innovation and imagination they’ve demonstrated, in order to capture international attention for their machinery products.”
Mr Robb said the awards highlight international business excellence at a time when opportunities offshore have never been greater.
GP Graders is an Australian-owned business dating back to 1963, when founder Geoff Payne began a small manufacturing and grading packaging machinery business to cater to local apple and stone fruit orchards.
Today, under the guidance of Geoff’s son Stuart, GP Graders is Australia’s leading supplier of fresh produce grading machinery and export to Turkey, Greece, the US and Chile, whilst cutting costs, improving quality and creating much needed time in time-poor agricultural businesses.
On accepting the award, Stuart Payne, the Director of GP Graders, said, “This is a great honour and is testimony to the hard work the GP Graders team has put into product innovation and customer service. We have been at the forefront of grading machinery technology for a long time and we make continuous improvements to technology by listening to our clients’ needs. This has built up goodwill with our many clients across the globe and we hope to continue our push for excellence in this field whilst contributing to the improvement of efficiencies in the agriculture industry.”
Please visit www.gpgraders.com.au for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-08 Maersk continues to grow logistics business and deliver record results
- 2022-08-08 Te Mata Exports New Zealand and Australia merge into one
- 2022-08-08 Frutura closes on Subsole acquisition
- 2022-08-08 William H. Kopke Jr. adds Rodrigo Del Sante to its global team
- 2022-08-08 Canadian CKF purchases Molded Fiber Technology
- 2022-08-08 Salix Fruits co-founder provides update on a challenging 2022
- 2022-08-08 Kiwifruit brand wins Good Housekeeping’s 2022 healthy snack award
- 2022-08-08 "Our goal is to have 1,000 hectares of avocado between Spain and Portugal"
- 2022-08-08 Lineage Logistics announces acquisition of Spanish transport and cold-store operator Grupo Fuentes
- 2022-08-08 T&G Global operating profit increased 37.6% in 1H 2022
- 2022-08-08 AgroFresh expands VitaFresh™ Botanicals Plant-based Platform; receives organic certification
- 2022-08-08 2021 2022 FY growth of annual revenue for Bonduelle over this financial year
- 2022-08-08 A. P. Moller - Maersk to acquire Danish company Martin Bencher Group
- 2022-07-22 Global Fresh International (GFI) relocates to United Arab of Emirates (UAE)
- 2022-07-22 JBT Corporation acquires Alco-food-machines
- 2022-07-22 Novozymes and AgroFresh form partnership to unlock the potential of biotechnology to fight food waste
- 2022-07-22 Nile opens new Gauteng cross-docking hub
- 2022-07-22 New importer and export company Rola Fresh starts 1 September
- 2022-07-22 Citri&Co integrates the Spanish subsidiary of the Brazilian company Famosa
- 2022-07-22 "European retailers want alternatives to possible decline of lit Dutch tomato acreage this winter"