Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- ‘Starch found in bananas can reduce some cancers by more than half’
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
CHEP NZ receives CEMARS certification
CEMARS – Certified Emissions Measurement And Reduction Scheme - is the world's first internationally accredited greenhouse gas certification programme under ISO 14064.
The programme involves a detailed audit of CHEP New Zealand’s greenhouse gas emissions every 12 months and provides targets to help CHEP reduce intensity emissionsby 2% every year from 2013 levels over a five-year period.
The CEMARS programme also provides a framework for driving improved carbon management and facilitates the purchase of carbon credits to offset remaining emissions.
CHEP’s commitment to environmental sustainability is just one element of CHEP’s Sustainability Framework, which has three pillars: Better Planet, Better Communities and Better Business.
CHEP New Zealand’s four environmental sustainability targets for the 2015 financial year include:
1. 100% Chain of Custody certified timber used for all pooled pallets;
2. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions intensity annually by a minimum of 2% to achieve a reduction of 10% by the end of the fifth year of the programme (2018);
3. Zero timber waste to landfill; and
4. Improved recycling rates at service centres.
For more information about CHEP visit: www.chep.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Revenue increased 20.4% vs. prior year to $243.5 million
- 2022-08-12 McDonald's Canada and McCain Foods partner to launch the $1M Future of Potato Farming Fund
- 2022-08-12 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-12 Hapag-Lloyd announces very good results - first half year of 2022
- 2022-08-12 Supplier to Aldi, Booths and HelloFresh owed over £1.3 mln when it entered administration
- 2022-08-12 Yang Ming reports US$4 billion profit
- 2022-08-11 Fresh Express kicks off Fresh On the Go promotion and releases new online content
- 2022-08-11 4th Annual Chef Invitational finalists and People’s Choice winner announced
- 2022-08-11 Crystal Valley Foods welcomes back team member
- 2022-08-11 Greenfield container port projects back in favour with terminal operators
- 2022-08-11 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-11 Oscar and Victor van Turenhout launch OV Fruit
- 2022-08-10 Benson Hill announces second quarter 2022 financial results
- 2022-08-10 Calavo Growers, Inc. names Helen Kurtz to lead Prepared Segment
- 2022-08-10 McFarland fruit-breeding facility expected to attract talent, partner companies
- 2022-08-10 JBT Corporation reports second quarter 2022 results and signs definitive agreement to acquire Bevcorp
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 AgroFresh Solutions reports results for second quarter and first half of 2022
- 2022-08-10 Sydney Markets Ltd launches new brand logo and identity
- 2022-08-10 Limoneira celebrates 130th anniversary